PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Youth Empowerment Officer, you will be responsible for the overall management, coordination, implementation and quality of the Ready for Life project in Luangprabang, Sayyabouly and Vientiane Program Areas. In addition, you will work closely with all relevant government partners at all levels, teachers and youth trainers in the program. You will liaise with the ChildFund in Laos Youth Empowerment Program to ensure the high quality of youth empowerment activities.
- Provide regular and effective assistance to Youth Empowerment Program to liaise with national-level government partners, working groups, UN agencies, iNGOs, NPAs and CSOs on all related national-level activities, events and forums regarding child protection, gender, child & youth participation and empowerment under the Empowered Young People program;
- Lead and delivery of Ready for Life project activities with communities in Luangprabang, Sayyabouly and Vientiane Program Areas, with a focus on children and youth;
- Ensure the project is adapted to each cultural context and community;
- Carry out all required monitoring and evaluation activities to comply with project funding requirements;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on project implementation including quarterly narrative reports and activity reports;
- Manage direct budget costs and ensure that all the activities are carried out within the assigned budget;
- Support Youth Leaders to implement youth peer-education activities;
- Support youth-led initiatives that focus on empowering youth to discuss important issues in a local and youth empowerment context;
- Ensure informed consent and media policies are understood and applied;
- Provide support to the finance team for the preparation of quarterly financial reports;
- Co-ordinate closely and support stakeholders/partners to ensure that activities run according to plan;
- Participate in regular project staff and counterpart meetings;
- Maintain appropriate relationships with partner communities, with a focus on those directly engaged in the Youth Empowerment Program;
- Complete other task as directed by line manager or senior managers
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and promote strong safeguarding practices, understand ChildFund’s child safeguarding policy & procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in education, child and youth development, social development or relevant fields;
- At least 2 years’ experience working with an INGO or NPA;
- Experience using video and cameras, and editing videos;
- Knowledge of social media use, including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Twitter;
- Experience engaging with children and youth in community development, peer-education, sexual and reproductive health and rights and social media communication activities;
- Commitment to work with ethnic communities, vulnerable children and youth and in challenging circumstances;
- Commitment to eradicating barriers inhibiting gender equity and people with disability;
- Innovative, adaptable, and willing to learn new things;
- Good understanding of and experience in project management;
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills;
- Strong written skills and experience producing high quality project reports in Lao and English;
- Fluency in Lao and English working skills;
- Experience coordinating with government partners at national to local level in difficult circumstances and events.
- Experience leading a child and youth development project
- Current or previous working experience in programs development in Laos;
- Experience with innovations and willingness to work in new collaborations and partnerships.
Location: : ChildFund in Laos, Saphanthong Neua Village, House No. 598, Unit 26, Sisattanak District, Vientiane, Laos
Employment: Full-time, Initial one-year employment agreement, with option to extend upon mutual agreement
Reports to: Senior Youth Empowerment Officer
Other information: Must have criminal background check before joining the organisation
Please apply no later than 4.30 pm of 28th Feb 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.