About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is looking for a Wetlands Delineator - Staff-Level Biologist to support our projects in Oklahoma. SWCA offers a unique work environment and specializes in Oil & Gas, Transmission, Generation and Renewable Energy. We are expanding our team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. If you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services, this is a great opportunity for you!
This is a regular, full-time, hourly position located in Oklahoma as a distributed employee.
What you will accomplish
- Assist with conducting a variety of natural resources field studies including threatened/endangered species assessments, wetland delineations, and avian/wildlife surveys
- Conduct fieldwork, organize and transfer field data, and write technical reports and permit applications related to Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and other resource planning/permitting, and/or natural resource disciplines
- Assist in the writing and development of written deliverables related to project work
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools during fieldwork
- Safely operate SWCA-owned and rental vehicles, including 4-wheel drive vehicles
- Complete individual tasks of medium complexity or duration with oversight
- In the field, oversee a crew or work independently on standard tasks, under the direction of a Project Manager
- Mobilize field crews and equipment
- Coordinate land access, field crew progress, and data transfer and management
- Execute data collection in the field through self and others
- Perform a broad range of tasks related to a variety of wildlife, plant, upland, and aquatic resources
- Complete field data QA/QC
- Conduct research
- Perform basic data synthesis and analysis
- Write deliverable sections under direction
- Apply broad knowledge of regulations or guidelines to job
- Train junior staff
- Communicate with client or agency as directed by Project Manager
- Troubleshoot routine problems independently
- Oversee the implementation of the safety plan in the field
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Botany, Environmental Science, Fish and Wildlife Science, Ecology, or related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in wildlife/environmental fieldwork to include wetland delineations.
- Previous experience with linear surveys.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in wildlife/environmental fieldwork to include wetland delineations.
- Completion of 38-hour wetland delineation training course.
- Knowledge and environmental survey experience in Oklahoma and surrounding region ecology.
- Familiarity with mapping software such as ArcGIS and GPS devices.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather and over rugged terrain.
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent travel will be required for the position, with field work sometimes reaching 80% of your time.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.