About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is looking for a Staff Biologist - Wetland Delineator to join our Austin, TX office. This office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Oil & Gas, Transmission, Generation and Renewable Energy. We are expanding our team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. If you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services, this is a great opportunity for you!
This is a regular, full-time, hourly position with ability to work a hybrid schedule.
What you will accomplish
- Leading wetland delineations, threatened/endangered species assessments, and avian/wildlife surveys
- Organize, transfer, and QA/QC field data, and write technical reports and permit applications related to Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and other resource planning/permitting, and/or natural resource disciplines
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools during fieldwork
- Completes individual tasks of medium complexity or duration with oversight
- In the field, oversees a crew or works independently on standard tasks, under the direction of a Project Manager
- Coordinates land access, field crew progress, and data transfer and management
- Mentor junior staff
- Communicates with client or agency with support from a Project Manager
- Troubleshoots routine problems independently
- Oversees the implementation of the safety plan in the field
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Botany, Environmental Science, Fish and Wildlife Science, Ecology, or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in wildlife/environmental fieldwork including wetland delineations
- Experience leading field crews
- Knowledge and environmental survey experience in Texas flora, fauna, and ecology
- Completion of a 38-hour USACE wetland delineation training course
- Familiarity with mapping software such as ArcGIS and GPS devices
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Frequent travel will be required for the position, with field work sometimes reaching 80% of your time
- Safely operate SWCA-owned and rental vehicles, including 4-wheel drive vehicles
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes participation in our ESOP program. Take a glance at some of our benefits by going to https://www.swca.com/careers/totalrewards/benefits
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.