The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Smart Metering, a Xylem business, seeks to hire a Finance Manager who will be responsible for financial analysis and management necessary for the North American Metrology business. The role will also actively partner with the Finance Director Senior Operations Management to provide finance support to business challenges.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage all monthly closing duties of direct reports to ensure financial statements are accurate and complete in accordance to US GAAP
- Monitor and review all balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure all operations are performing to budget and forecast standards and provide explanations to all variances to expectations
- Provide oversight and management of weekly status meetings of operations labor and overhead spending to track efficiencies and variance to budget and forecast
- Drive business and financial insights into the senior operations management team through data and analytics
- Monitor all inventory levels and ensure that inventory is aligned to budget and forecast expectations
- Complete and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages for senior management
- Other ad-hoc duties and analyses as needed.
- Support the overall Budget/Forecast for Smart Metering business
- Support overall coordination and execution of the Smart Metering budget, strategic plan, and forecasting activities understanding the year over year changes.
- Work closely with CI Leadership and provide savings guidance guidelines and present Productivity results to Senior Leadership
- Develop and implement productivity and efficiency in finance processes to make greater time available for support of operational improvement initiatives
- Development of Finance Models and non-standard Analysis through Excel and Oracle tools
- Monthly financial analysis for Senior CI and Operations Leadership
- Support to Operations team on Productivity, Performance and Site metrics
- Train Finance Staff on new financial tools and applications
- Headcount Cost/Control
- Strong understanding of AWS Supply Chain
- Alignment of Fcst/Budget/AOP with Functional Leaders
- GDP Support
- Ad hoc reporting
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting, Finance or Equivalent Experience. MBA/CPA a plus
- 7+ years of relevant Accounting or Finance. Manufacturing cost accounting experience is required
- Thorough understanding of standards under U.S. GAAP
- Demonstrated ability of leading multiple cross-functional projects
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Individual will be self-motivated and has experience working with multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- CMA, CPA or working towards a CPA certification
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 10%)
- Standard hours for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.