The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The VP PMO, Operations and IT has the responsibility to
- Run the Program Management Office for enterprise global business process standardization
- Provide project management and thought partnership to ensure all key planning (strategy, budget, talent, BCP/ERM), KPI reporting/dashboards, operating rhythms, key staff meetings, and employee communications are run smoothly for their executive, the function, and key stakeholders.
This role is key to ensuring:
- The organization designs and implements key enterprise process standardization and improvement
- The Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) and IT team
- Have visibility to business performance
- Prioritize issues and deploy resources
- Plan and execute key initiatives/programs and projects
- Communicate effectively
- Work effectively within the function and cross-functionally in support of other key groups
The ideal candidate is a great strategist, planner, program manager and communicator who can process information quickly while identifying and developing connections, build and tell a story, build and manage strategic and project plans, and lead through influence.
- Proven experience working on transformational programs in a large-scale environment
- Strong project management capability
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Intellectual curiosity and courage to challenge status quo
- Strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build strong relationships as a trusted partner and work across senior management teams
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
- High tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and on-going change
- Able to work in a complex environment with changing priorities
- Ability and willingness to operate at strategic and operational level
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise discretion, sound judgment, objectivity with the highest professional ethics, and always maintain confidentiality
- Effective analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Data-driven and able to synthesize key insights
- Ability to simplify complex problems to provide clarity in driving resolution.
- Versatile and action-oriented; ability to manage projects from inception through to closure.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner so the message easily translates across all areas of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience managing the execution of programs and/or large-scale initiatives
- 10+ years of experience communicating to employees, customers, peers and multiple levels of leadership
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Must be able to travel (domestic and international)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Role can be hybrid near any of the following locations listed
_Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.