World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a VP, Information Technology and Chief Information Officer.
The VP, Information Technology and CIO is responsible for the overall vision and strategic design of technology systems and support aligned with the constantly evolving business, focusing on operational excellence and leadership to provide short and long-term effective business and technology solutions and integrations, including infrastructure and architecture, applications development, business processes re-engineering, networks and sourcing alternatives. This position brings expertise in change management and drives digital transformation, including planning, scoping and execution for the successful delivery of IT services and operations that enable WWF to achieve its goals and objectives in a dynamic and changing business landscape.
This role reports to the CFO and maintains effective partnerships with senior leadership and staff across the organization and WWF Network to build greater connections and contribute to WWF’s mission.
- Develop and implement technology strategy and roadmap in alignment with evolving business needs and objectives, including providing strategic guidance on business and technology integration, support especially for virtual/hybrid environment (e.g., AV and conference room equipment), optimization and evolution while continually striving to minimize IT carbon footprint.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the IT leadership team and staff. Develop and mentor team members to build team with optimal skill sets to meet the objectives of WWF-US and its Country Offices in LAC, Africa and Asia.
- Develop a Data Strategy to include Data Governance, Data Catalog and Data Privacy related to but not limited to ERP, CRM and financial data. Establish IT policies, standards, practices and safeguards for systems, data and information.
- Accountable for operability and health of systems including troubleshooting, upgrades, backup and system optimization for business sustainability and growth. Responsible for WWF’s disaster recovery plans and strategies to ensure zero data loss.
- Oversee the planning and coordination of system installations. Provides strategic leadership for the design, documentation, testing, installation and modification and support of new or existing application software.
- Oversee cloud and on-premises environments. Provide vision, strategic direction and leadership on cloud strategy.
- In collaboration with Vice President, Corporate Information Security champion data and cybersecurity.
- Build collaborative and effective relationships across the organization to continuously translate evolving business needs into technical requirements. Leverage strategic vision to ensure cross-departmental alignment and optimization of shared tools through systems governance structure. Ensure IT continues to play a key role in bringing business teams together by optimizing resources and maximizing the use of technology.
- Establish, promote and foster IT full life-cycle project management methodology standards within WWF.
- Review and manage IT project resource demands across the enterprise to ensure technology and operations meet current and anticipated capacity needs and demands.
- Manage IT vendors aligned with contract and organization legal requirements. Accountable for service level agreements (SLAs).
- Develop, implement and monitor budget for the IT department. Accountable for effective project estimates, budgeting, reporting, resource and capacity planning.
- Provide technical direction and serve as the principal advisor to the CFO and Chief Operating Officer (COO) on information management services to ensure organizational operational needs are addressed.
- Perform other duties as assign.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology or related field. Master’s Degree required.
- 15+ years’ experience in the Information Technology field, including at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Substantial leadership experience in formulating, planning, leading, directing and controlling complex, broad and highly technical functions.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, methodologies and resource management principles. Experience managing organizations using ERPs/CRMs.
- Experience working in organizations fully within the cloud or transitioning to the cloud.
- Proven experience developing and driving a technical roadmap to ensure clear direction and cohesive decision-making within IT teams and strategic clarity and understanding with the business.
- Skilled in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others at both executive and subject matter expertise level. Ability to effectively communicate both technically and non-technically.
- Proven experience building and leading a flexible and responsive team accountable for maintaining cloud and onsite IT environment with maximum system availability and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to identify technical business solutions, interpret technical and non-technical documents and stakeholder input to determine business needs and requirements.
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, tuning and operating IT technologies.
- Best practices knowledge of project management tools and strategies. Demonstrated experience managing and leading large cross-departmental IT projects. PMP certification is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills: proficient writing, presentation and conversation skills.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page**, Requisition #23049**
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.