All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and for those around you. Make yourself aware of, and comply with all safety protocols (including COVID-19), which may differ between locations, based on local risk assessment and local regulations.
Vaccination is required in all in-person work environments including program bases, offices, and team meetings. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt folks to join these meetings and events virtually, to ensure we are providing an inclusive and accessible environment for people who are unvaccinated, vaccinated and at high risk, or avoiding in person events out of concern for others in their circle.
Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Not open to US residents. The start date for this position is ASAP.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us.
We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day.
Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of disasters. The position is responsible for managing and supporting volunteers while on program, promoting peer-to-peer fundraising among the volunteer population, facilitating a positive, productive and impactful volunteer experience and overseeing the base management team.
- Reports to Volunteer Relations and Engagement Managers
- Roles reporting to position None
- Approximate number of reports 0
- Coordinate the arrival and departure schedules of all residential and day volunteers in liaison with the Construction Site Coordinator to match the needs of the work
- Update and manage the volunteer tracking database daily
- Manages communication with incoming volunteers and provides assistance and guidance where necessary including promoting fundraising
- Ensure all new volunteers are settled, orientated and have completed all the relevant paperwork
- Conduct exit interviews with departing volunteers, and communicate this feedback to the program staff as well as the Volunteer Coordination Manager
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteer base managers as needed
- Provide day to day direction and feedback to base managers
- Responsible for meeting a monthly fundraising target through active communication and promotion of fundraising
- Implement the Volunteer Engagement Strategy in a positive and authentic way, with the volunteer experience at the forefront
- Provide direct support to volunteers and staff to assist them with setting up and managing their personal fundraising pages
- Communicating regularly the importance and impact of volunteer fundraising on the work that we can complete. Motivate, empower and inspire volunteers to fundraise and advocate for the program
- Develop, organize and oversee on-site fundraising activities and events
- Update and maintain the tracking systems of cash and in-kind gifts on program as well as personal fundraising pages
- Compile and deliver accurate weekly and monthly financial reporting to the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
- Conduct orientation presentation for all volunteer arrivals, including introducing the organization and program expectations.
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High school Diploma
- Related Experience Previous experience working with All Hands and Hearts, or another disaster response organization, or with an organization managing logistics. Volunteer experience and international travel experience preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Good written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Communal living environment. High-stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $800-$1200 USD/ month, based on skills and experience.
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.