Job Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reporting to: Head of Finance, APAC
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
This is a key role in the finance team who will work in conjunction with the Head of Finance, APAC to manage the financial reporting, management reporting and related requirements of non-project related entities in Vietnam, Singapore, Australia, Indonesia and new markets. This will require a commercial mind, an international outlook and an ability to work cross functionally with the Operations and Commercial teams.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the preparation of Platform management accounts and commentary for APAC region (non-project related companies)
- Preparation of all external reports to key stakeholders in these territories such as senior debt trustees, letter of credit finance providers and joint venture partners
- Preparation of papers to document accounting for technical issues to ensure appropriate accounting requirements are met
- Preparation of all detailed work for the external audit for Vietnam, Singapore, Australia and Indonesia and preparation of statutory accounts for audit
- Manage all local tax requirements for these countries
- Assist in the preparation of the corporate budget for these regions and driving discussions with staff and partners regarding budget spend and challenging this spend as appropriate
- Work with the Group Finance team to input into the weekly cash forecast template and weekly cash summary report for the CFO
- Manage and report on the FX exposure which arises out of these countries' developments
- Take an active role in reviewing and improving controls for these countries
- Take an active role in developing the overall finance department as the business
- Taking a lead role in ad hoc projects as required
What We Require:
- A high calibre Big 4 trained newly qualified Chartered Accountant
- Experience of auditing financial statements as well as relevant industry experience
- Industry experience in the energy industry is preferred, but not a pre-requisite
- Excellent IFRS knowledge essential
- Detailed understanding of local tax laws
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- As well as having the above financial accounting-based training and experience, the candidate must also be strong commercially
- High levels of energy and motivation, with a track-record of delivery
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent Excel skills
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of projects
- Flexibility to travel. The role will be based in Ho Chi Minh City, but may also require travel to other APAC markets and Dublin
- A willingness to travel as required for the role though is expected to be infrequent
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!