Job Location: Ho Chi Minh City or Ha Noi, Vietnam
Reporting to: Project Manager
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
As an ESIA Manager, you will be responsible for delivery of the EIA and ESIA from the development phase to the Financial Close stage, and continue maintain responsibility for environmental and social monitoring during Construction and Operation phase, in which:
- To ensure the final reports meet high quality expectations of project stakeholders’ (lenders, project investors, equity partners).
- To be responsible for monitoring the ESIA Implementation to follow the approved ESIA Study/ Regulatory EIA.
- To also be responsible to work with related authorities on the local requirement and international standard.
- To be the representative of the Company to attend and present at all the EIA/ESIA related meetings/consultation processes
- To participate into related project licensing activities.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the discharge of all permit conditions, for example overseeing the completion and approval of environmental management and monitoring plans.
- Work closely with Project stakeholders (Project team, lenders/banks, project investor, equity partner, etc.) to build effective working relationships; support the project team throughout the project financing lifecycle.
- Running the tendering works and manage contract execution for ESIA and Regulatory EIA works of the project.
- Ensure the process and procedure proposed by selected Consultant is robust and fully documented so that Vietnamese and international standards can be met and readily demonstrated (e.g., operating framework, clear and documented approach to Employer Requirements, formal meeting minutes, consent documents, agreements, etc).
- Review and contribute to field plans, data collection & survey tools and disclosure materials prepared by consultants.
- Review data collected and reports from consultants and ensure analysis is complete and fit-for-purpose for the ESIA and future monitoring activities.
- Taking lead on Social study, including but limited to Stakeholder Engagement, Ethic Minorities/Indigenous People issues, Land Acquisition and Livelihood Restoration planning support following Vietnamese Regulations and International Standards.
- Manage and co-ordinate complex projects; ensure that the Consultant team has the right skill mix to meet the promised deliverables
- Oversee multiple projects within Projects’ scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables
- Build effecting working relationship internally and collaborate with other related authorities/parties from different technical communities
- Mentor junior consulting staff to develop their skill sets in the impact assessment/project financing subject areas.
What We Require:
- Minimum 8 years experiences on ESIA management following International Standards (IFC, ADB, Equatorial,…) and Vietnam Regulatory Frameworks.
- Bachelor degree in a discipline such as environmental science, environmental engineering, occupational health and safety.
- Master’s Degree in a environmental discipline is preferable.
- Have experience in building trust-based project stakeholders relationships and prior experience working with project developers, lenders, and corporates
- Have some international ESIA experience in Vietnam and Asia, especially strong experiences and market intelligence in Renewable Energy in Vietnam
- Able to do circa 30% travel to site.
- Must be fluent in English, reading, writing and conversation.
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to analyze data and draw conclusions and practical recommendations as a result of the analysis.
- Strong written, verbal communication and data presentation skills. Ability to present complex and technical information in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Good command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and online communication tools. Experience with data management systems and tools is a plus.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!