We’re Hiring for a Value Stream Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE**:** The Value Stream Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all activities in a designated manufacturing area to optimize manufacturing goals and objectives of throughput, inventory, and operating expense. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Drives day to day improvements in safety programs with goal of reaching zero recordable injuries along with knowledge of and compliance with OSHA requirements
- Actively involved in identification of savings/sustainability opportunities
- Coach, mentor and set expectations for team leader within a specific value stream with the ability to drive organizational change
- Responsible for meeting customer expectation by achieving high levels of on time delivery performance with low quality rejects, lead customer tours of area
- Responsible for driving year over year productivity improvement in labor spending and overhead spending by relentlessly focusing on the process. Coordinate equipment reviews and propose investments as needed
- Strong commitment to documentation for any HR issues
- Clearly communicates team member performance expectations, measures production hourly to identify roadblocks and improvement needs. Addresses poor performers and team development needs, while celebrating successes with the team.
- Assists with the development and execution of the annual business plan to meet expectation of year to year operational improvements.
- Able and willing to live Xylem core values on a day to day basis, possess openness and encouragement of improvement ideas
- Determine manpower requirements to achieve desired customer service and inventory levels
- (Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
- Utilizes rough cut capacity planning to ensure proper manning levels and necessary equipment is available and functional
- Responsible for meeting inventory turn performance goals and adjusting as indicated by results
- Able to communicate and work with other functional groups (finance, CI, customer service, engineering, human resources, and procurement) in the plant to assure business goals are met. Assists with the development and execution of the annual business plan to meet expectation of year of year operational improvements
- Ability and knowledge to drive continuous improvements, lean manufacturing and 5”s programs. Conduct Gemba walks to teach and inspect.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Operations, Business or related field required; Advanced degree preferred combined with operational experience
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing/production/integrated supply chain experience – with managerial responsibility for these functions on a global basis for at least 5 of those years.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including ability to effectively coach, motivate, empower, develop and evaluate employees and team leads. Strategic, operational and bottom line focus
- Strong manufacturing and process background including VBSS, Lean Manufacturing, Voice of the Customer, and related expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal customers.
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong bias for action, and effective change agent.
- Proficiency in managing and facilitating teams through problem solving and conflict resolutions.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Effective leadership, financial, influencing, communication and presentational skill.
- Business savvy and cultural/transnational sensitivity
- Effective Change Agent and Value Added perspective skills.
- Strong collaborative capabilities.
- Ability to effectively impact/influence/lead a global functional organization
- Ability to travel rather extensively while effectively managing/directing ongoing business activities. This requires strong organizational, delegation, communication and related skills.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.