Holcim Trading (HT) is the trading arm of Holcim Group, the world leader in the building materials industry. HT is specialized to meet the needs of customers and suppliers around the world through a unique product and service portfolio provided from offices in Zurich, Singapore and Miami.
HT delivers solutions for the seaborne import and export needs of cementitious materials, gypsum, solid fuels and other dry bulk goods. Teams of dedicated specialists manage a diverse network of seaborne logistics, operating bulk carrier vessels and specialized cement carriers. HT is a leading international trader, meeting the needs of the cement/construction industry worldwide.
For our office in Singapore we are looking for a:
Trading Operator APAC (Hybrid work)
Manage the value creation for and with existing customers and suppliers for the whole Holcim’s perimeter characterised by activities such as:
- Ensuring smooth and seamless execution of trades administration with Holcim business partners by driving supply chain schedules and daily updates directly with suppliers, customers, ship owners/brokers, port agents and other stakeholders;
- Ensure and track that cargo and shipping commitments are fulfilled and escalate any potential performance issues to the various internal stakeholders (Traders, Shipping, Legal, and Management).
- Ensuring the integrity, timeliness and quality of the information provided to internal and external stakeholders through internal checks and controls (e.g. get approval before loading from CFO and HoR in case of missing LC, non back-to-back positions, provisions, etc);
- Obtain, issue documentary/shipping instructions with the various stakeholders (suppliers, customers, banks, ship owner/brokers, etc…) and organise surveyors, inspection, etc. where required.
- Ensure nomination and timely acceptance of vessel in close coordination with the Chartering Managers/Shipping dept.;
- Ensure that all measures of mitigation are in place to avoid any risks, disruptions, losses related to vessel operations/trade execution;
- Is responsible for the issuance and control of any laytime calculations and claims with ship owners, suppliers and customers;
- Initiating cash in – cash out processes at transactional level upstream from Finance;
- Prepare reports, statistics for the Team Leaders, Traders or other internal stakeholders when required.
- Escalate any operational issues to the Team Leader and/or the Trader and/or the Chartering Manager;
- Share internally any market/business intelligence collected through daily interaction with customers and suppliers.
- Collect and forward customer inquiries to the relevant Trader
- Adhere to the Holcim Code of Business Conduct, Trading Policy and Shipping Directive and all relevant Holcim policies.
- Protection of the Holcim Group reputation and brand value for relevant seaborne trading activities.
- Anticipation, mitigation and resolution of trade incidents under the Trading team’s guidance, providing suggestions on mitigations strategies;
- Alerts to Team Leader and/or Traders/Charterers in case of material risk (e.g. missing LC, claims), deviance from the delegation of authority or any risk of breach of applicable Policies, in line with Holcim’s segregation of duties
- Strict compliance with the Operation Operating model (process, tools etc)
Commercial degree in international trading, shipping, logistic, freight forwarding or similar education and experience
3 - 5 years of experience in trading, shipping, freight forwarding and operations with preference to dry bulk cargoes;
Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid understanding of product line values, properties and usages for various type of customers (integrated plants, Grinding Stations, distributors, construction sites, etc.)
- Solid understanding of international seaborne trading and maritime regulations and logistics
- Knowledge of Trade Finance tools (letter of credit, documentary collection, payment terms and payment instruments)
- Knowledge of laytime calculations concepts and specific shipping terms
Cultural And Language Skills
- Excellent Spanish and English verbal and writen is a must
- Appetite and curiosity for geo-political topics and being comfortable to work in a multicultural environment
- Mature, stable and disciplined personality, attention to details and execution risk, good communicator at all levels, diplomatic and able to adapt to the situation when required
- Multitasking and sense of priority while keeping a cool head – street-smart, resilient and persuasive to achieve an objective in a sometimes-conflictual environment
Must be able to communicate and write English
Local / International