Every day, we work together for what matters – bold, swift, and equitable climate action.
ABOUT THE ROLEEnabling businesses, organizations, and individuals to reduce their environmental impact or achieve their renewable energy and sustainability goals is the core of the 3Degrees mission. The Environmental Markets division is responsible for procuring and selling environmental commodities to meet our customers’ needs. The North America Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) team is focused on the United States and Canada, actively trading in over 55 REC markets that span across every power pool in the country. The Trading Associate will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of deal entry into our internal database. Cross-functional collaboration with the Contracts team and Trade Operations team, to ensure the accuracy of transaction details are reflected in our agreements with counterparties and our internal database, is also a key responsibility of the Trading Associate.
This is a full-time 3Degrees Environmental Markets position located in Portland, ME and will report to the Portland, ME-based REC Originator.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Deal Entry Management (90%)
- Enter commercial REC transactions into internal database and engage with the North America REC portfolio to ensure all positions are clearly and correctly reflected
- Generate risk review write-ups, prepare Request for Proposals (RFP) -related documents, and draft trade proposals and transaction summaries for Trading & Origination
- Assist with deliveries, as well as portfolio optimization and allocation of REC supply
Cross-Functional Coordination (10%)
- Serve as liaison between Trading & Origination, Contracts, and Trade Operations teams
You pride yourself on your attention to detail and excel at managing competing priorities. Others would say you are a quick learner and you are seeking to build a career in renewable energy and/or energy commodities. You have experience as a member of a fast-paced and progressive team and you enjoy managing a variety of tasks. You have a natural ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and proactively drive solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth, startup environment and comfort with customer outreach
- Team player with a hunger to learn about environmental commodities, trading, and the renewable energy sector
- Familiarity working within Microsoft Access and SQL queries desired
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion as a key driver to business success and demonstrated passion for our mission
- Individuals with a Degree in finance, business, environmental science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience have the best opportunity to be successful in this role
HOW WE DEFINE SUCCESS
Within 30 days
- You are well versed in deal entry and updating exchange positions in Artemis
Within 90 days
- You are able to determine deal P&Ls without soliciting feedback from the commercial team
Within 6 months
- You are managing wholesale compliance assignments and deliveries
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: The starting base pay for this position is $64,000 to $83,000 in the US. The total compensation package for the successful candidate in this role may exceed the base pay as it includes other incentive pay. The base pay is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Benefits: this position is eligible for a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible paid time off and more. Additional information regarding the benefits available for this position can be found at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/3degrees/jobs/jointheteam
- Supplemental Pay: this position is eligible for discretionary bonus programs including the company’s profit sharing program and an annual team Bonus Pool.
- This compensation and benefits information is based on 3Degrees’ good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUITY3Degrees is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where different perspectives contribute to better solutions. 3Degrees welcomes people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by law.