About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants (SWCA) is seeking a Total Rewards Analyst-Compensation to join our growing HR Team. SWCA provides comprehensive environmental planning, regulatory compliance and natural and cultural resource management services to businesses and government clients across the United States. SWCA is an employee-owned firm of scientists, planners, and technical experts. We combine scientific expertise with sound technical skills to provide solutions to a full spectrum of environmental projects. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, SWCA has 39 offices and over 1,200 employees throughout the United States to serve clients from primary business lines, including energy generation, oil and gas, mining, federal land management, transmission, and transportation.
The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) at SWCA projects continued significant annual growth year-over-year for the next several years. This trajectory requires the addition of a Total Rewards Analyst-Compensation. SWCA has an employee-valued culture and tons of room for professional growth!
We are team-oriented and there is a sense of belonging due to our strong teams – the SWCA community. Being employee-owners contributes to the strong feeling of belonging. It is imperative for the successful candidate to fit SWCA’s culture. Do you appreciate sustainability and environmental awareness? Do you want to work for a company that has homebrew and crazy sock design competitions? Is giving back to your community a priority? SWCA is a team of scientists, planners, technical experts, and corporate services professionals committed to our culture.
Our company purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today.
This position is available for distributed work anywhere within the continental US. A cover letter is required for full consideration.
What you will accomplish
- Utilize external resources to identify, develop and recommend new compensation or statistical methodologies. Remain current and research new data sources, analytical tools, and other compensation platforms.
- Interprets and analyzes compensation market data to design and maintain a pay structure for the organization that is aligned with the external market. Assists with recommendations on an ongoing basis based on market research findings, including market analysis for annual salary range, merit, bonus, base pay planning and market adjustments.
- Conducts an annual equity review to ensure employees are compensated fairly and consistently, providing non-discriminatory equal pay for equal work. Provides support for implementation of new processes and procedures to ensure compliance with pay transparency laws.
- Develops and maintains the company’s market data repository, including salary surveys and other benchmarking related sources. Participates in appropriate benchmarking surveys and studies, as well as compiles and analyzes results.
- Evaluates reliability of source information, adjusts, and weighs raw data, and organizes results into form compatible with analysis by computers or other methods. Describes sources of information and limitations on reliability and usability.
- Prepares statistical and compensation reports for leadership to ensure leaders have the appropriate guidance and resources to make sound pay decisions.
- Create communication and outreach tools and resources.
- Complete ad-hoc Total Rewards projects, including research, analysis, recommendations, and reporting.
- Work independently, as well as on team and/or cross-functional initiatives.
- Requires excellent attention to detail, commitment to follow through, and ability to work independently with general oversight, and respect for established deadlines.
- Assists with creating, reviewing, and maintaining job descriptions. Applies job evaluation techniques to analyze new positions and reclassification requests to appropriately determine job classification and FLSA exemption status.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Must possess a strong knowledge of business analytics, statistics, data analytics or human resources as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field.
- Strong background and understanding in statistics or compensation as normally demonstrated through 5 years of progressively responsible experience participating in statistical or business analysis.
- Expert level of proficiency in Excel; advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint; and HRIS proficiency. Knowledge of other statistical or compensation software platforms and data analysis.
- Advanced analytical skills to perform financial modeling, as well as extracting and analyzing complex data from multiple systems/sources, synthesize data, apply basic statistical principles, identifying pertinent information and trends, presenting findings and providing recommendations to senior leadership using graphical illustration.
- Proven experience communicating complex data analysis or statistical analysis effectively, verbally, and visually using computer readouts, graphs, charts, tables, written reports, or other methods.
- Demonstrates effective relationship development/management skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization, in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with others on the Human Resources team, as well as other key corporate partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of HR systems; report writing skills.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, compensation principles and concepts, compensation analysis and consulting including market pricing, compensation plan/structure design, job evaluation and grading, and FLSA review.
- A cover letter is required for full consideration.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.