About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Technology Procurement Manager to plan, execute, and finalize purchasing and procurement strategies for technology spend across the organization. This includes acquiring resources within budget and facilitating communication between the enterprise and its providers in order to deliver products and services according to plan. The Technology Procurement Manager will also define the objectives of products and services in order to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
This is a regular status, full time position, and can be worked remotely.
What you will accomplish
Strategy & Planning
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings.
- Develop, establish, implement, and enforce supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements to the organization.
- Comply with all purchasing policies and procedures, including those for equipment, hardware, software, and service provision, in conjunction with department leads and department-specific requirements.
- Analyze trends and market conditions for present and future pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity of goods and services.
- Interview, identify, and qualify potential new vendors or suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of products and services.
- Develop and deliver purchasing and inventory reports, bid proposals, requirements documentation, and tender documents.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of contracts with contractors and/or service providers.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes as needed.
- Direct and manage sourcing strategies from beginning to end.
- Monitor vendor, service provider, outsourcer, and/or contractor performance to ensure quality of service.
- Provide periodic oversight and execution of vendor requalification.
- Manage procurement team staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent sourcing activities.
- Effectively communicate procurement strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Where necessary, develop and implement plans to auction, recycle, or otherwise sell obsolete inventory and equipment.
- Where necessary, coordinate delivery, installation, and storage of office equipment, furniture, and other collateral.
- If possible, standardize equipment to lower total costs.
- Excellent contract management skills are essential.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services.
- Superb budgeting, inventory, and cost-management skills.
- General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities in spending strategies, product demands, and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into product and service-related issues.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Experience and qualifications for success
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration, or related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5 years direct work experience in an IT purchasing or procurement capacity, including all aspects of strategy development and execution.
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, including Microsoft EAs, CSPs and other cloud purchasing vehicles and licensing practices.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM).
- Familiarity and technical competence with financial management software including Deltek Vision/VantagePoint.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with vendors, suppliers, service providers, or offsite contractors.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA operates in compliance with all federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety protocols and vaccination requirements. As such, employment at SWCA is contingent upon providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or being granted an approved vaccination exemption before starting at SWCA.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
An employee in this Phoenix, AZ-based position can expect a salary of $93,600-$122,720_/year. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law._ Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA’s Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
Employees in this position are eligible for consideration for SWCA’s bonus program, which provides awards based on individual and organizational performance.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.