Pact is hiring a
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
The Objective 2 Technical Lead will be responsible for overall management of the Pact team in Tunisia, ensuring quality management of all activities related to civil society capacity and systems strengthening efforts under this award, at all levels, to promote positive change on citizen/constituent priorities. S/he must have sufficient expertise and experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring capacity strengthening interventions for civil society actors, including in advocacy, networking, and institutional sustainability. S/He will provide strategic design leadership and coordination of all capacity development project activities at all levels and contribute to technical components.
• Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of strategies, interventions and activities that address the needs of civil society actors.
• As needed, provide high-quality technical assistance to programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program’s objectives and targets and adhering to expected technical quality for programs and reporting requirements.
• Ensure that project strategies and activities are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally-recognized best practices; as well as aligned with Tunisia’s National legislation and policies.
• Provide mentoring to Tunisian civil society partners to strengthen their capacity for advocacy.
• Coordinate and as needed conduct monitoring visits to Tunisian civil society partners.
• Support the implementation of a highly adaptive, context-driven programmatic approach
• Facilitate linkages with government programs and other stakeholders to ensure that activities adhere to country and global standards.
• Provide training and capacity development support for staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders engaged in activities under the program.
• Manage and supervise technical team for objective 2, ensuring timely and high-quality delivery
• Assist the Project Director and sub-partners to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of deliverables and activities.
• Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
• Update, monitor, and maintain relevant manuals, training materials and reports
• Work closely with the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation Team to review and track project progress, contribute to project reporting, and support learning activities.
• Bachelor’s degree and 11+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, including 6 years of management experience.
• Demonstrated successful experience as a senior manager of USAID-funded programs.
• Eight years prior experience in managing civil society strengthening and/or democracy, rights and governance (DRG) programs.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Government of Tunisia, implementing partners, and local NGOs.
• Proven skills in strengthening organizational capacity.
• Experience with systems strengthening, capacity development, economic strengthening, quality improvement, or policy development.
• Strong writing and oral presentation skills, including professional fluency in Arabic and English
• Experience performing similar work scope in Tunisia.
• Tunisian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Work authorization in Tunisia required.