One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is Immediately.
One Tree Planted is 501(c)(3) nonprofit focused on global reforestation. Our growing Environmental Non-Profit is looking for an outgoing person to join our philanthropy team as a Technical Grant Writer to manage public funding opportunities and government grants. We’re looking for somebody who is driven and wants to make the world a little greener.
- Reports to our Director of Philanthropy
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONs & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for researching, finding and securing public and private grants including completing funding applications/proposals for various One Tree Planted programs, initiatives and projects, with an emphasis on public funding opportunities but not exclusively.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for this portfolio of prospects, developing and implementing a written donor strategy and relationship record (using Salesforce) of all interactions
- Research and develop a pipeline of public and government funding opportunities
- Manage application related documentation and applicant’s information from concept to completion
- Liaise with external partners and internal staff to develop grant proposals
- Complete all reporting requirements during and post-grant cycle
- Work with the management team to stay updated on organization knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policies
- Provide ideas on how to continuously improve and grow the organization
EDUCATION: BACHELOR’S DEGREE
RELATED EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3-5 years experience successfully securing significant grant funds from public and private sources.
- Knowledge and experience working with government or public funding organizations with a focus on US (Federal, state and local).
- Proven ability to research and identify public and private grant opportunities
- Background managing a large portfolio of public and private grant sources and opportunities
- Ability to track and schedule out grant opportunities over multiple years
- Proven track record of soliciting high-level grants
- Experience soliciting large environmental grants is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy and professionalism
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments with many deadlines and competing requirements
- Experience working in SalesForce
IDEAL LOCATION: Montreal, Toronto or REMOTE
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: typical starting range is $55,000-$65,000 CAD / USD which will be based on location, skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Health and Wellness plans for U.S. Staff
- Yearly bonus
- Retirement plans with competitive employer contribution
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.