Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs - Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact is seeking a Technical and Logistics Assistant to support a USAID-funded program in El Salvador. This activity aims to strengthen citizen-driven social accountability through three complementary domains. The position will provide technical and logistical support for the project, including but not limited to: organizing project events logistics and assisting in preparing travel arrangements, maintenance of protocol procedures and information flow, and following up on deadlines and commitments made while ensuring compliance with Pact, USAID regulations, and El Salvador legislation.
- Support technical and logistical tasks as required by the Domain 1 Leader, this includes coordinating internal transportation, facilitating outreach and engagement with local stakeholders, and drafting, overseeing, and ensuring payments on service contracts.
- Support the review and formatting of documents, including training materials, periodic program reports, and evaluations, compile information for quarterly narrative reports on project activities, identify reporting gaps, and follow up with staff for additional details.
- Develop and update databases of service providers such as transportation, hotels, training materials, and others as needed by Domain 1.
- Maintain inventories of training materials or other resources necessary to carry out Domain 1 activities and request approvals for new purchases.
- Collaborate closely with the capacity development specialists in the regions providing administrative and logistical assistance for the development of their activities.
- Create and submit procurement requests to the finance and operations area.
- Other programmatic and administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree and one (1) year of experience or high school diploma and three (3) years relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Computer literacy - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Good writing and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Highly motivated and flexible to work long hours or weekends
- Capable of identifying and adjusting priority activities and assignments, allocating the appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Managing data, documents, inventories, information, and workflow
- Planning, organizing, and multitasking
- Knowledge of the implementing USG-funded programs in Central America.
- Solid understanding of the contemporary challenges and opportunities facing the civil society sector.
- Salvadoran nationals are encouraged to apply.