The Forward Trust is hiring a
We are Forward, the social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime, addiction and other disadvantage to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
Forward’s Vision Housing team helps people to overcome homelessness, make positive lifelong changes, and build an independent future. We have helped over 300 clients with complex needs to find and sustain private rented accommodation over the past 3 years, with over 90% of those sustaining their tenancy for at least 12 months, making us one of the best performing housing support providers in the sector.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness.
You will be managing a team of in-reach and floating support practitioners that support vulnerable
and complex individuals at risk of becoming homeless or that are homeless. The team will deliver
brief interventions that will support individuals to access drug and alcohol treatment. The
treatment is tailored to individual needs, using harm reduction and abstinence based
treatment approaches as well as supporting low level mental health needs with a trauma
On a daily basis you will be allocating caseloads, managing a small number of complex
cases,supporting and developing your team, and ensuring deadlines and quality standards
are met.You will be responsible for delivering on performance targets set by Forward,
commissionersand the prime contractor. And you will support the Service Manager to
ensure data accuracy and data submission deadlines are met.
At times you will be the most senior representative on site and will be required to deputise
forthe Service Manager to ensure the smooth running of the service. You will be in a
position oftrust and building an excellent relationship with your manager will be a priority,
as well as collaborative working relationships with partner agencies.
You will be responsible for contributing to the targets set by Forward and the local
commissioners. One of the key targets will be measuring outcomes, so co-operative working
relationships with other partner agencies is vital to this role.
Flexibility will be required in this role, this may include some evening/weekend shift and with
reasonable notice to travel to other projects in the East Kent region to deliver services,
enabling continuity of care for the client group.
• Take an active role in the implementation and achievement of team objectives.
• Build strong relationships with, and makes full use of the support offered by, Line
Management and Head Office functions.
• Develop supportive relationships with supervisees and other colleagues in the service.
• Communicate all new developments to all members of your team.
• Support the service manager in developing relations with key stake holders
• Set team and individual objectives to implement and achieve strategic objectives
• Referring and working in partnerships with other agencies including training and
employment and family support Services to ensure that all client needs are met.
• Coordinate and work alongside healthcare providers such as GPs to monitor and manage
client health and minimising risks of harm.
• Develop and contribute to assessment and care planning of service users, supporting and
coordinating their engagement with specialist agencies to address all their support needs.
• Support clients with their care plan including referral to support services in the community,
advice and guidance on housing, benefits and training and employment.
• Use your extensive knowledge and experience to aid direct reports with their ability to
develop and carry out interventions relevant to individual client need including 1:1 sessions
and group work/programme facilitation.
• Coach direct reports to contribute to the through care needs of service users, supporting
them to plan for their changing lifestyle and engage with outside organisations which are
appropriate to their needs.
• Ensure that case management interventions in direct reports are delivered in accordance
with the needs of the service users, audit and are CQC compliant.
• Ensure that group work and all psycho-social interventions and programmes are delivered
in accordance with the needs of the service users, are audit and CQC compliant and meet
• Ensure groups and programmes are facilitated and co-facilitated to the standard required
by Forward and in accordance with any relevant manuals.
• Meet required KPI’s to corresponding deadlines, as set out by the Service Manager.
• Review ongoing care and treatment liaising closely with healthcare and other agencies.
• Provide regular supportive supervision sessions to practitioners within the service taking
into account any continued professional development needs they may have.
• Support and monitor supervisees to manage their caseload effectively, making sure that
clients are prioritised appropriately and seen in a timely manner.
• Ensure poor performance and team dynamics are managed appropriately creating positive
working environments which encourage employee engagement to optimise the
performance of services.
• Proactively approach integrated ways of working support and adopt a multi-disciplinary
• Meet targets and deadlines in accordance with contractual standards.
• Contribute to the overall smooth running of the service by being proactive and solution
• Manage resources effectively in order to meet targets and deadlines in accordance with
• Encourage a positive working environment by positive role modelling and sharing good
practice within the team.
• Compile the service diary and manage the resources across the team with the service
manager to ensure there is adequate cover of hubs and satellites
• Deputise for the Service Manager in their absence and ensure effective management of
the service for which you are responsible.
Quality and Safety
Systems and Policy
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Team Leader (Homeless Project)