Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Talent Management Partner will actively drive and support Shorelight’s talent acquisition and engagement
initiatives, as well as manage learning and development programs for new and existing team members. This role reports to the VP, Talent Management.
The Talent Management Partner is customer service oriented and highly organized with strong attention to detail. He/She/They has a strong sense of urgency, is comfortable multitasking, changing priorities to fit business needs, and manages time efficiently. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Develop and drive Talent Acquisition (TA) strategies in collaboration with HR leadership, Human Resource Business Partners, and Hiring Managers to ensure the timely and cost-effective identification and selection of qualified, high-quality, diverse talent required to achieve business goals
- Integrate brand strategies into all TA and networking activities
- Proactively generate a continual, diverse pipeline of highly qualified internal and external candidates through active networking (both in-person and online) and passive candidate review by leveraging metrics and technology as well as increasing Shorelight’s global footprint
- Communicate fully and professionally with candidates throughout the entire TA process to ensure that he/she/they remain aware of their status and clearly understand Shorelight’s hiring timeline and next steps in the process
- Review resumes and credentials in relation to position requirements
- Prescreen candidates and present detailed summaries to hiring managers and other stakeholders
- Serve as functional expert on Shorelight’s Application Tracking System and answer related questions from hiring managers and candidates as necessary
- Provide appropriate counsel and recommendations to hiring managers throughout the entire TA process on candidate
- Partner with HR leadership and HR Business Partners to identify training needs by consulting with key stakeholders across the business and using needs assessments
- Evaluate individual and organizational performance to ensure training is meeting business needs and improving performance
- Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training
- Provide timely reports and analytics, flag risks or delays in advance and provide recommendations to HR leadership and key stakeholders
- Optimize training processes for efficiency and manage the annual training calendar
- Design solutions focused on employee engagement, inclusion, and retention
- Build and manage relationships with hiring managers and other internal stakeholders throughout the recruitment and selection process
- Provide appropriate counsel throughout the talent acquisition process, advising on industry best practices, particularly as they relate to the candidate experience
Data & Technology
- Develop expert knowledge of Shorelight applicant tracking system (currently Jobvite) and with other members of the Talent Management team, serve as a resource for hiring managers, candidates, and other stakeholders
- Keep abreast of trends and innovative recruiting techniques to effectively compete for outstanding talent and develop and maintain world-class talent acquisition practices
- Analyze key metrics and data, and, under the guidance of the VP, Talent Management, action changes to enhance performance accordingly
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of high-volume recruiting experience with a global, high growth company
- Demonstrated experience managing the candidate process, ensuring a positive candidate experience
- Experience delivering formal and informal training to a multi-cultural workforce
- Previous management experience
- Willing and able to participate in virtual meetings/calls outside of normal business hours
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with Jobvite
- Experience recruiting in higher education or ed tech
- Knowledge of learning and development best practices
- Experience in designing, delivering, and validating organization development initiatives
- Experience with a broad range of recruiting methodologies, including sourcing capabilities (active and passive), Internet, employee referrals, and professional networking
- Experience with using Predictive Index
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Identity, Education, Criminal
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.