The Supply Planner Scheduler II is responsible for all day-to-day material availability planning activities focused on engine starts and completions. In this role, you will interact cross-functionally using your experience and expertise to partner with internal associates to develop and execute priorities in line with short-term and long-term business goals to ensure a clear outlook on material availability with a strong focus on engine starts. Responsible for the release of engine discrete jobs in Oracle ERP system/MES. Identify, communicate, and escalate the delay of materials per production and service schedules. Collaborate with engineering and BAS team to close the gap on design supersession and new component release material availability to minimize impact to production. Collaborating with master planner on system maintenance for accuracy/alignment for scheduled dates in ERP system. Investigate and build a database for work arounds and substitutions. Determining need dates and allocation requirements. This position requires strong analytical and customer-focused mindset with an understanding of concepts, methods, procedures, and technical knowledge.
- Collaborate with the assembly master planner to manage the engine production schedule based on available capacity, multiple changing customer requirements, and work with production and planners to drive material delivery on time for engine starts.
- Taking deep dives to proactively identify, anticipate and escalate shortages in the short and long term as needed to eliminate affecting internal and external customers.
- Work with cross functional teams to Investigate, track and compile a database of work arounds and substitutions.
- Responsible for the release of engine discrete jobs in Oracle ERP system/MES.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to communicate component need dates and allocation requirements across production and service
- Collaborate with the materials team to expedite or reschedule orders based on changing production requirements.
- Track incoming material to ensure timely delivery, highlight delays to planning and logistics teams, and collaborate with assembly master planner to fulfill shop requirements in scheduling and releasing engine starts, rework and conversions.
- Collaborate with engineering and BAS team to close the gap on design supersession and new component release material availability to minimize impact to production.
- Create, review, update necessary reports to effectively communicate to all levels of the business.
- Collaborating with master planner on system maintenance for accuracy/alignment for scheduled dates in ERP system.
- Collaborating with planning and production teams to ensure accurate inventory of WIP material in INNIO ERP system.
- Lead cross functional communications with internal customers to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to manage a high volume and/or high impact of supply orders across multiple supply chains to ensure on time delivery.
- Drive process improvements to mitigate and reduce fulfillment risk caused by internal issues.
- Works within a team setting and/or under minimal guidance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with supply chain focus or related field (or 3+ years of comparable industry experience)
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning module – Oracle, SAP etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be a collaborative team player, willing to take ownership of decisions and be a results-oriented self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, drive change at all levels of the organization, and excel in fast paced business environment
- Must be able to work effectively in all environments
- Consistent track record of meeting / exceeding key performance objectives
- Demonstrated ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, risks, resources, milestones, and deliverables with frequently changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
- Previous planning, procurement, scheduling, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong customer service and detail-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under tight time deadlines