In this position, you will:
Act as a Lead Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) to take an active and visible role in driving supplier quality improvements and business results for INNIO by demonstrating leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes. In this role, you will help to proactively take INNIO to the next level of supplier quality.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing assigned component supplier functions globally
- Driving quality for assigned suppliers, improving quality performance via Quality Plan implementation
- Working closely with Supply Chain personnel to quickly diagnose and lead appropriate actions to resolve supplier related issues to prevent production flow interruptions in the factory
- Driving supplier selection through robust qualification processes
- Accelerating improvements in supplier quality and deliver value
- Developing positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier / engineering changes, New Product Introductions (NPI), and transfers
- Interfacing with suppliers and supply chain to drive quality improvements
- Delivering results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier yield, field cost, field defect rate, supplier quality plan engagement / effectiveness, and corrective and preventative action closure
- Driving improvements utilizing Supplier Scorecards and own supplier audit, ensuring supplier compliance, and driving improvement plans
- Understanding and drive Six Sigma quality internally and with suppliers
- Providing quality engineering expertise requiring advanced / specialized skills and a broad range of quality engineering expertise
- Developing and accepting advanced technology, quality information and test equipment
- Providing advanced quality engineering of NPI involving new processes and/or advanced automated equipment
- Providing correlation with INNIO facilities
- Acting as consultant to the Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering organizations to improve Quality and Manufacturing processes, NPI, and improve product design
- Specifying and developing product acceptance/test procedures that relate to a complex process (state-of-the-art) or highly complex product
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering related discipline and 5 years of experience in sourcing and/or quality roles with a leading global organization
- Experience with engine component manufacturing processes such as casting, forging, machining, welding, coatings, and metrology methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with suppliers and internal stakeholders at varying levels
- Ability to manage cross-functionally and understand cross-functional tensions
- Ability to cope with multiple complex and ambiguous situations daily
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Negotiation expertise
INNIO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.