Textile Exchange is hiring a
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain.
By 2030, its goal is to guide the industry to achieve a 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions within fiber and raw material production. Its focus is holistic and interconnected, accelerating the adoption of practices that improve the state of our water, soil health, and biodiversity too.
For real change to happen, everyone needs a clear path to positive impact. That’s why Textile Exchange believes that approachable, step-by-step instruction paired with collective action can change the system to make preferred materials and fibers an accessible default, mobilizing leaders through attainable strategies, proven solutions, and a driven community. At Textile Exchange, materials matter. To learn more, visit TextileExchange.org.
Working at Textile Exchange
We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. We are a diverse group committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, processors, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each Textile Exchange employee is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
The Strategy Manager will support the planning and execution of Textile Exchange’s strategic planning and monitoring process across the organization. The Strategy, Manager reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
The Strategy Manager will be responsible for executing the strategic planning process to ensure annual planning is in line with the organization’s strategy, delivery of key programs, and in line with budgeting timelines. They are also responsible for refining and managing key performance indicators and deliverables across the organization, to aid in internal and external communication and accountability across the organization. They will assist in other key strategic initiatives, especially those that involve aligning key areas of work between programs and functional areas.
The ideal candidate balances strong project management and interpersonal skills. Success in the role will depend on the ability to work with diverse teams, navigate and maintain big picture deliverables across multiple detailed projects, and translate complexity in an easy-to-understand way. Demonstrating a deep understanding of Textile Exchange’s work in the sector is preferred.
Like all roles at Textile Exchange, the role will be primarily home-based with some travel required. Textile Exchange is a US-based, remote-working organization with a global team. We may not be able to accommodate hiring from some countries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the execution of an engaged and transparent annual strategic planning process in line with strategic and operational objectives.
· Execute regular reporting against the strategic plan to keep appropriate teams updated on progress or flag when issues arise.
· Support the Leadership team in their planning and strategy development processes to ensure alignment across key programs of work.
· Liaise with the Executive team on necessary strategic decisions or areas of work to deliver the best results and keep the team focused and on track with strategic objectives.
· Refine the set of key performance indicators used to track performance and delivery of strategic priorities on a regular basis. Ensure appropriate KPIs may be accessed and monitored by the Leadership team, Executive team, Board of Directors, and the full team.
· Support scenario planning by developing tools and templates to create strategic scenarios to be paired with financial information to inform strategic planning.
· Execute regular review of the organizational Theory of Change, and support alignment across key programs.
· Support key internal communications to ensure the team is aligned and informed of strategic priorities.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
· 3-5+ years of experience in the apparel or textile industry, a strategy role, consulting or equivalent preferred
· Knowledge within the fashion/textile industry with a strong commitment to sustainability
· Ability to project manage across multiple teams
· Strong attention to detail without losing the big picture outcomes and implications of key details
· Ability to think strategically, support decision-making through analytical approach
· Strong interpersonal skills, especially in a fast-moving, multicultural environment
· Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
· Creative thinker with the ability for sound judgement and accountability
· A pro-active, enthusiastic, can-do attitude and comfortable dealing with uncertainty
· Reports to: CSO
· Full Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
· Location: Virtual/Remote
· Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000 USD
· Our offers for salary and benefits are dependent on the region of the final candidate. We post most positions based on a US-based Team member but final offers are done in alignment with the final candidate's permanent residence and in line with Textile Exchange's regional employment package.
How to Apply
Please apply here:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.