Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30 years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Youth Villages is seeking an individual with Talent Attraction and Recruitment experience to join our Recruiting Team. Finding top talent to join our growing organization is a vital role in the success of Youth Villages. Are you looking for an opportunity to use your recruiting expertise working for an organization that is changing the lives of children and families? We are hiring a new recruiter as we continue to expand our programs across the country serving the children and families most in need.
Talent Attraction Strategy
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for active and passive candidates in a variety of positions that include rural locations and/or stringent education and experience requirements
- Develop and build comprehensive college recruiting strategy to help educate and prepare students for opportunities
- Build and strengthen relationships with key contacts at colleges and universities to promote opportunities with Youth Villages to current students and alumni
- Identify and recruit the best students in the social services field to support the employment needs of Youth Villages
- Networking with other professionals to develop leads
- Assist in creating a network of referral contacts in the communities we serve
- Build a candidate pipeline to fill positions more quickly and plan for growth
- Recruiter will oversee social media efforts for their team, including Boolean searches, as well as how to use LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other resources to find talent.
- Cultivate relationships within professional and community organizations to help increase awareness of Youth Villages’ services and opportunities
Hiring Manager Relations
- Work closely with leadership team on retention initiatives and developing short and long term recruiting strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with hiring managers across the state to help ensure the best and most qualified staff are selected for all positions
- Work with leadership team on strategic planning and position forecasting to meet the hiring needs of the state
- Facilitate meeting with all of leadership weekly to establish goals, forecast future openings, and build proactive strategies
- Act as consultant to meet current hiring needs and build a candidate pipeline for future openings
- Problem solve with managers as well as evaluate and make recommendations for ways to improve the hiring and onboarding process
- Be able to influence hiring managers throughout hiring process to ensure quality candidates are hired. Also, identify potential/existing problems within a program or with a specific hiring managers and work to create and implement solutions.
- Have a thorough understanding of program and the jobs within the program
- Active participant in census projections and strategic planning with marketing and leadership
- Identify recruiting trends, growth areas and consult with leadership on barriers and challenges
- Increase Youth Villages’ ability to serve children and families by finding and selecting the highest quality staff and building a talent pool of qualified applicants.
- Follow Internal & External Recruitment Processes & Policies
- Open and close jobs in ATS
- Manage multiple high priority jobs simultaneously
Screen resumes in ATS
- Become an expert on the qualities sought in candidates on paper but also in interviewing candidates for specific roles
- Recruiters will know the other social services providers/competitors in their region and stay abreast of changes in those organizations that could impact YV's ability to recruit in each community
- Recruiters will phone screen candidates for open positions
- Plan and facilitate interview events, open houses, etc.
- Assist in training leadership staff on interview and selection training
- Assist in interviewing and selection of staff as needed
- Assist in OnBoarding process as needed
- Writing job descriptions
Some travel including overnights will be required.
Required Skills and Experience
This position is seeking a candidate who is committed to the mission and values of Youth Villages. A solid understanding of the recruitment process including sourcing is required. A successful individual in this role will have experience working in a fast paced, rapidly changing recruitment environment.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required
- Recruiting experience is required
- Experience in developing & managing passive candidate pipelines
- Experience developing sourcing strategies for multiple locations simultaneously
- Strong critical thinking and conceptualization skills
- Experience with public speaking and presenting
- Applicants must have Interviewing experience
- Experience networking with other professionals
- Strong customer service experience handling difficult situations
- Strong organization and time management skills-ability to manage shifting priorities on daily or weekly basis
- Willingness to do high volume interviewing, primarily by phone
- Experienced problem solver
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
11 paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.