The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a staff accountant.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations in support of month-end closing activities for multiple business units, ensuring proper documentation is obtained
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to the general ledger identifying out of balances and their causes, resolving the possibility of future issues
- Assume monthly asset management including preparation of monthly depreciation entries, recording of asset additions and disposals
- Respond to inquiries regarding financial statements and general ledgers
- Assist with ad hoc projects and analyses as requested
- Ability to adapt and effectively interact with teams at different states and facilities
- Assist with interim and annual audits
- Assist Senior Accountant with global consolidation and reconciliation to the source data
- Assist Senior Accountant with preparation and distribution (footnote templates, roll-forwards, etc.) across the organization
- Assist Senior Accountant with accounting inquiries from domestic and international business partners
- Ensure all supporting documentation is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines;
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in general accounting
- Experience in manufacturing preferred
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office and Advanced Excel functions
- Experience with Oracle or other ERP accounting systems and fixed asset software
- Experience with Blackline Journal Entries and Reconciliation modules a plus
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office work
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 10%)
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
- Travel requirement: 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.