Every day, we work together for what matters – bold, swift, and equitable climate action.
ABOUT THE ROLE
3Degrees helps organizations around the world implement renewable energy, transportation decarbonization, and other climate solutions. We are seeking an enthusiastic, well-rounded Staff Accountant, comfortable in a small team environment, and ready to bring your experience in day-to-day accounting duties such as payables, receivables, expenses and month-end closing to 3Degrees. You are a highly collaborative individual with excellent communication skills.
This is a full time position reporting to the Senior Accounting manager and can be based anywhere within the United States.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Process vendor invoices for payments
- Maintain and process expense reports through Expensify
- International banking and processing electronic payments (wire and ACH)
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a timely and courteous manner
- Maintain vendor records
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Participate in and support monthly close activities
- Create and/or maintain documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with other accounting projects and collaborate / support coworkers, both on the Accounting Team and cross-functionally as needed
- Generating invoices
- Collections on overdue accounts
- Process bank deposits
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and courteous manner
- Maintaining customer records on both Xero and customers’ platforms
You are an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a highly collaborative team. You take pride in your accuracy and have experience accurately maintaining a general ledger and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You are a continual learner, are comfortable asking questions, and are looking to bring your expertise to a Benefit Corporation focussed on helping businesses take urgent action on climate change. We believe the following skills will give you the best opportunity for success in this role:
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience with a solid understanding of GAAP
- Minimum 2 years of experience with accounting and expense tracking applications; preferably Netsuite, Xero, Expensify, Bill.com or similar
- Excellent Excel skills and proficiency in Google Sheets and Docs
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in renewable energy and the environment is helpful
HOW WE DEFINE SUCCESS
Within 30 days
- You have acquired the knowledge to navigate accounting information for 3Degrees across various disciplines, platforms and locations
Within 60 days
- You are familiar with the monthly close process. Understand internal and external deadlines and requirements for financial reporting
After 180 days
- You are able to independently execute assigned work, with accuracy and efficiency, integral to the monthly close process
- You are playing an active role in supporting staff accountants in various types of accounting tasks
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: The starting base pay for this position is $58,000 to $88,000 in the US. The total compensation package for the successful candidate in this role may exceed the base pay as it includes other incentive pay. The base pay is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Benefits: this position is eligible for a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible paid time off and more. Additional information regarding the benefits available for this position can be found at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/3degrees/jobs/jointheteam
- Supplemental Pay: this position is eligible for discretionary bonus programs including the company’s profit sharing program and an annual performance bonus based on personal, department and company goals.
- This compensation and benefits information is based on 3Degrees’ good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUITY
3Degrees is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse and inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We are proud to welcome all people of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.