- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
- a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Staff Accountant to support our Assessment Services business unit. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, assist with audits, and support other accounting functions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations in support of month-end closing activities for multiple business units, ensuring proper documentation is obtained
- Reconcile subledgers to the general ledger identifying out of balances and their causes, resolving the possibility of future issues
- Respond to inquiries regarding financial statements and general ledger accounts
- Assist with interim and annual audits
- Perform Intercompany reconciliations across businesses
- Respond to accounting inquiries from domestic and international business partners
- Ensure all supporting documentation is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement
- Assist with ad hoc projects and analyses as requested
- Participate in Watermark Activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in general accounting
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office and Advanced Excel functions
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Experience with Dynamics AX, SAP, and Blackline are a plus
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt and effectively interact with teams in different countries and facilities
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development– To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards– We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 10%)
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
- Travel requirement: 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.