Xylem is hiring a
We’re Hiring for a Senior Project Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects to assure timely implementation of all project deliverables and manage customer expectations through regular communication. In this role, the incumbent will also be responsible for thoughtful integration of technology into project delivery to drive growth and revenue for the Decision Intelligence Solutions (DIS) division. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Responsibility over the installation and service of smart wastewater projects.
• Responsible for authoring project plans (using Smartsheet and Atlassian), Project Charters, Statement of Works, Work Breakdown Structures, Risk Mitigation plans, Quality Plans, and System Acceptance Test plans.
• Responsible for project change orders, contract management, and driving internal stake holders for project deliverables as defined by the project’s requirements.
• Responsible for monthly budget reconciliations, expenses, hourly effort tracking and invoicing where and when it’s applicable.
• Develop requirements for, and participate in, the source selection of subcontractors to perform the installation of smart wastewater field communications and metering equipment.
• Responsible for understanding Xylem digital technologies, and for effectively presenting technological concepts to utility managers.
• Responsible for architecting and delivering sustainable/scalable project specific solutions through thoughtful collaboration with senior managers, key account executives, client solution managers/architects, and product management.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs.
• Minimum of 7 years experience working with water/wastewater utilities is required.
• Minimum of 3 years project management experience is required. Relevant experience in a similar field or Xylem experience will be considered.
• PE certification required.
• Candidate will have a bachelor degree in a technical discipline (CS, ME, IE, EE, IS). MS degree or MBA preferred.
• Must be proficient with computer hardware and software (Microsoft, SmartSheets, Atlassian)
• Must have familiarity with simulation and/or optimization modeling software (EPA-SWMM or similar) and geospatial data management software (ESRI or similar) OR
• Must have familiarity with data architecture and UI/UX projects such as SCADA or cloud based platform deployments that combine hardware and software technologies.
• Ability to architect customer solutions by leveraging their expert knowledge of smart wastewater requirements and products such as modeling, software applications, database architecture and storage, hardware telemetry and sensing technologies.
• Proven project management experience with management of various sized teams and diverse suppliers.
• Demonstrated ability to direct the work of assigned project staff to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget, to quality and project interdependencies are identified and actively managed.
• Ensure problems, risks, issues and dependencies are identified and managed which may affect the successful delivery of the Project.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple work-streams and ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented and adopt a structured working method but with the ability to react quickly to change.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to build strong collaborative relationships across departmental boundaries.
• Cultural awareness and ability to adapt communication style when working with customers.
• A confident, positive, and flexible leadership style, with the ability to network with a range of stakeholders and to work collaboratively with senior managers.
• Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible with an ability to find solutions to problems.
• Ability to drive the project team and customer to meet delivery schedules within budget and with complete customer satisfaction.
• Utility industry experience is a plus.
• Ability to travel and work at customer sites up to 25% of the time.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.