We're Hiring for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Senior Human Resource Business partner (HRBP) will be responsible for staffing management, employee relations, training and development, policy interpretation and compliance, benefits, compensation, and labor relations for the site. This role will manage the implementation process and tracking of companywide programs. Assist in the development of strategies and initiatives to meet the business objectives.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Implement initiatives and programs and/or provide service in any of the following areas: labor relations, recruiting & staffing, employee relations, engagement & retention, performance management, employee development and training, organizational effectiveness, compensation, rewards and recognition, succession planning, health & welfare benefits, Affirmative Action/EEO compliance and completing personnel transactions.
- Participate as team member or leader for site and corporate HR Projects & initiatives; support/facilitate significant organizational change initiatives.
- Monitor and report on key HR metrics for assigned facilities.
- Serve as primary contact and resource for employees and managers to address HR Issues, questions and concerns, while ensuring good working relationships and building trust/credibility with employees and managers throughout the organization.
- Investigate and resolve employee conflicts. Investigate and resolve Ethics Hotline concerns for the facility. Consult with internal and external legal counsel as applicable on employment matters.
- Facilitate the implementation and guidance of current performance management systems to include succession development plan & improvement plans for the facility.
- Management of individual and/or group meetings to train or onboard new employees & existing employees, facilitate exit interviews, explain relevant compensation/benefit programs, etc.
- Build productive relationships with key leaders
- Conduct various instructor led training classes for employee and manager groups on topics including Code of Conduct, Performance Management, anti-harrassment, etc.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; assisting in the interpretation of policies and procedures, evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solutions; coaching and counseling managers and employees, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the company's organizational structure, operations, values and culture to support and promote Xylem's vision, mission and strategies. Identify, recommend, and develop process, policy and procedural improvements in alignment with current Federal and State laws.
- Responsible for all union related functions at the facility to include labor agreement preparation and heavy participation at the negotiation table; negotiation and approval of all local union agreements; primary resource for contract interpretation and compliance; primary role in grievance procedure including third step hearings; manages union/supervision relations; ensures training of supervisors on labor agreement and/or labor law; responsible for all employee relation issues for union employees; prepares arbitration cases.
- Lead and/or assist with all recruiting for the facility. This includes salaried and hourly workforce.
- Assist and/or lead all on-boarding for new employees salaried and hourly.
- Works with site leadership to achieve business unit goals that align with the strategy of AWS and Xylem.
- Develops a strong relationship with HR counterparts, in addition provides support and information to HR corporate with respect to reporting, new initiatives and organizational changes.
- Works with United Steelworkers Representative District 4 on Labor Agreement issues, grievances, arbitrations, negotiations, etc.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, preferably Human Resources.
- 6+ years’ experience participating in the development and execution of human resource processes and initiatives.
- 2+ years’ direct experience in Labor Relations with administration of Union Labor agreement.
- Experience Managing and implementing HR initiatives, Affirmative Action Plans, Policies and Procedures.
- Strong Collaboration, consultative, presentation, and analytical skills
- Strong organization and business communications skills (oral and written) are required
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Business System and HRIS system (Workday) knowledge preferred.
- This position requires to be fully on-site.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.