Start date: ASAP
Lenght of contract: 1 year
About the role
Our GVI hub is located in Cartago, a Costa Rican city southeast of San José. As a GVI Education Program Coordinator in Cartago you will assist with sustainable development of existing and new programs with specific focus on our Education Program. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about education, who has experience mentoring/managing volunteers, and is excited to live in an authentic, stunning part of Cartago.
You are outgoing with a passion for community development. You excel in problem-solving and love to work with people.
Being fluid is your left arm, and resilient is your right. Your feet are firmly on the ground yet you are able to conquer the highest mountain if the occasion needs you to do so.
Your sense of humour is accommodating and your understanding of diversity and inclusion is something you are very proud of.
You are amazing as you are, and we’ll love having you on the team.
What you will do
- Assist in project development and ensuring the programs continue to operate to a high standard for both participants and partners
- Assist in teaching/covering classes and all community activities when volunteer numbers are low
- Assist in the management of international participants
- Assist Program Manager to continuously seek to improve the quality of the program for volunteers, which might include things like extra activities, training opportunities, services or expedition products
- Mentor interns and coordinate the delivery and assessment of the GVI leadership and Internship programs
- Manage and lead a small number of field staff, providing support in field and off field
- Manage professional, high quality training sessions for all participants
- Provide general help whenever the need arises or when it is requested as well as a willingness and ability to effectively support field activities across all the programs that we run
- Motivate and support your participants to a high level
- In co-ordination with the Program Manager, hold weekly feedback meetings with participants to ensure any issues are being raised and dealt with appropriately, including weekly volunteer representative forums
- Help manage conflict and complaints from all parties effectively and communicate all such issues with your line manager as appropriate depending on the urgency
- Assist Program Manager with tasks including health and safety, recruitment, training of new staff, writing of reports and updating of social media
- Keep good communications and relations with local project partners, seeking out feedback and assuring that GVI programs are in line with partner objectives and needs, and assisting with development of new partnerships and growth as needed and appropriate
- Adopt a flexible working week including evening and weekends, which may include overnight supervision of participants
- Assist in base chores and base duty
What you will need
- Fluent Spanish is required for this role
- Volunteer management experience
- Experience managing or leading groups
- Experience in childhood education or working with/teaching youth
- Education background in education/community development
- Health and safety trained
- Strong people, communication and time management skills
- Commitment, drive and enthusiasm to develop yourself and others
- Hardworking, with the ability to lead and problem solve
- Flexible, open-minded, adaptable team player
- Safety management experience
- Experience living in remote conditions
What we offer
- Monthly salary
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Emergency medical and travel insurance
In addition, GVI has the following perks:
- Training fund
- Social allowance
- Leadership development
- In-house counselling support
- Growth opportunities across our 17 locations!
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be the best candidate for this role.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn't always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.