SkyFire Energy is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in four locations across Western Canada. We value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Our vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
Solar Specialist (West Kelowna) - Permanent, Full Time
SkyFire Energy is looking for a highly motivated sales professional to become part of our solar electric team. Put simply the successful candidate has the drive, perseverance and motivation to ensure solar keeps being built in Western Canada. They will be comfortable developing a robust pipeline of solar clients and seeing agreements through. The ideal candidate for this position has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and whose passions and values align with SkyFire Energy.
This position requires the candidate to be located in the Kelowna, BC area.
Primary duties include:
- Maintaining focus on Business to Consumer (B2C) engagements and seeking agreements directly with company owners and officers.
- Building trust and rapport with prospective customers.
- Managing the sales lifecycle including lead qualification, determining client needs, conducting site assessments, pricing, contracts and negotiations.
- Providing excellent post-sale handoffs to the Project team to ensure implementation success.
- Maintaining Salesforce CRM records and other digital records as required.
- Engage with the VP of Sales to increase pipeline and activity visibility to increase collaboration and organizational support of your work.
- Attend industry-related networking functions to expand SkyFire’s presence within identified markets.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals.
- Take pride in your work.
- Employ urgency in all customer-related activities to increase the likelihood of success.
- Uphold SkyFire values and maintain a positive image as an outward-facing representative.
- Thrive in a work environment that is not fully developed and sometimes hectic.
- Be a self-starter, work independently and make the best use of your time.
- Continually seek ways to contribute to better processes resulting in a better sales experience for customers and employees alike.
- Two plus years of experience in a technical sales position preferably in the construction, electrical or solar industry.
- Must have extensive experience working with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets).
- The ability to work with industry software such as CAD, SketchUp, and PVsyst would be an asset.
- Capable of lifting, moving and climbing a ladder and comfortable working at heights.
- Flexibility, ability and willingness to meet with potential customers in the evening or on weekends as necessary.
- Valid class 5 driver's license with an excellent record.
- Demonstrated passion for the renewable energy industry
- A growth mindset.
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to own shares in SkyFire Energy as an employee shareholder
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Accrued paid vacation and sick days
- Diverse, challenging and exciting opportunities
- The opportunity to work among highly qualified, industry-leading professionals in a collaborative working environment
- The difference of working for a Certified B Corporation
- An enjoyable, modern workplace, including significant flexibility and other benefits like the ability to bring a well-behaved dog to work with you
Learn more about us here: www.skyfireenergy.com/about
At SkyFire Energy, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our organization. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing world. These values are central for us to achieve our mission to relentlessly lead the solar industry to the benefit of our community and future generations.