SkyFire Energy is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in 4 locations across Western Canada. We value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Our vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
SkyFire Energy is looking to build a team of Solar Installers that are excited to work as part of a fast-growing company in the solar industry.
We welcome candidates that are working on their apprenticeship, or anyone in an entry-level position that is interested in starting a career in the solar and/or electrical field. SkyFire Energy provides on-site training and indenture opportunities.
Primary duties include:
- Installation of residential, commercial and industrial solar electric systems
- Using hand tools, both manual and powered, to install racking and modular components.
- Distributing material throughout the site
- Ensuring a safe and organized work site
- Helping with site upkeep as required
- Willingness to learn and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Be in good health and physically fit (must be able to lift heavy solar panels and other items up to 60lbs)
- Previous construction experience or experience working with hand and power tools
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Comfortable working on roofs (usually sloped) - previous roofing experience considered a strong asset
- Having the drive to complete various tasks, sometimes repetitive
- A valid class 5 license with a clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Able to work in a team setting as well as independently
- Strong communication skills
- Readily accept and apply direction from the crew leads
- An interest in renewable energy
Assets (preferred but not required):
- Prior construction/trades experience is preferred, on job training will be provided.
- Solar training and/or solar installation certification (BCIT, SAIT, NAIT, CanSIA, NABCEP, SEI, etc)
- Experience working on roofs (commercial or residential)
Provided by SkyFire:
- On and off-site training (including Fall Protection, CSTS, WHMIS, safety & equipment training)
- Competitive hourly wage
- Boot Allowance
- Health & Dental Benefits Program
- Indenture opportunities for interested entry-level candidates
At SkyFire Energy, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our organization. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing world. These values are central for us to achieve our mission to relentlessly lead the solar industry to the benefit of our community and future generations.