Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic to lead candi’s business development efforts with the President of Business Development, driving candi's project growth in India. This is a critical position as the candidate will lead commercial aspects of solar project delivery, including business development, contract negotiations, whilst working with the teams involved in solar solutions to ensure candi’s growth trajectory is realized. Given that we are taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, you will ensure all opportunities are pursued to their maximum potential in spite of externalities.
Location: Bangalore/Pune/Chennai, with frequent country-wide travel. Some international travel may also be required.
Hours: Full time, 5 days per week
- B. Eng. or M. Eng. in Electrical Engineering or similar, with minimum 3-5 year experience in the rooftop C&I solar space in India
- Reviewing and marking up EPC designs, and possibly carrying out PV and BESS designs from scratch
- Managing some procurement process and inventory, incl. obtaining multiple quotations for the procurement of components from different suppliers
- Liaising with EPCs on their design and tracking EPCs project execution status
- Management of several simultaneous and active EPC contracts and their requirements, milestones, etc.
- Lead on municipal approvals process or liaise with EPC on the status of their application(s)
- Construction & commissioning monitoring, which is expected to require periodic travel to sites under construction
The role requires versatility, as services performed are expected to include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Support with technical sales, including but not limited to:
- EYAs using Helioscope
- Technical support with proposals, including interaction with the candi financial model
- Client energy load assessments, interpretation of energy meter data
- Occasional installation of portable energy meter/loggers, if required
- Liaising with channel partners and clients
- Supporting with asset management, including but not limited to:
- Technical troubleshooting of systems during operation, if requested
- Supporting development of candi processes, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Periodic travel within India. Potential travel to Sub-Saharan Africa, India, etc.
- Frequent periodic meetings with team members and line manager(s)
- CAD, MSOffice, Google Docs/Sheets proficiency
- Familiarity with financial models, time value of money, IRRs etc.
- Proactively collaborate and promptly respond to communications in email, Slack, WhatsApp, Asana and any future communication platform being used.
- A dynamic personality, able to support with technical sales if needed, and liaise with clients
- Valid residency and/ or work permit for India is mandatory
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.