Who We Are:
The Alliance for Decision Education (“the Alliance'') is a non-profit education organization leading the growing call to have decision-making skills, or Decision Education, taught in schools K-12 across the country. We believe that equipping students with skills proven to drive better decisions will enable them to perform better in school and in life, improving health, finances, family outcomes, and their communities. Our work is backed by a growing number of teachers, parents, researchers, and business leaders who have seen Decision Education improve students’ lives and the lives of those around them. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students with essential decision skills. For more information, please visit us at www.alliancefordecisioneducation.org.
The Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity, promotes equity, and encourages inclusivity. We are committed to building and fostering a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be, and the more impact we will have.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Social Media and Marketing Manager will be part of a dynamic Communications team working to build awareness of and support for Decision Education.
We are seeking a creative, entrepreneurial, and accomplished social media expert who can grow our emerging social footprint with rich and engaging content, creative strategies, and innovative ideas. While our aim is to build broad awareness, our key targets/user audiences are teachers and parents. This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished social media expert who is looking for an opportunity to shape strategy, create social events, and transform great stories into compelling visual and messaged content, while working with a fun and highly collaborative team.
The position can be partially or fully remote initially, but we strongly prefer that the Social Media and Marketing Manager mainly work from the Alliance office in Bala Cynwyd, PA once the organization deems it safe to return to the office. For exceptional candidates, we will consider long-term remote work.
- Develop and lead the execution of a strategic plan that will build Alliance equity and engagement in our mission through social media content, events, and advertising
- Lead strategic work to target our key audiences while building our equity as a movement builder working to bring Decision Education to all K-12 students in the United States
- Bring in innovative programming and content ideas to build awareness and interest with teachers and parents
- Create compelling, engagement-rich, and timely content aimed to build understanding of Decision Education with a broad audience
- Work across the organization to build a robust content calendar for each Alliance channel, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Youtube
- Monitor responses, interact with followers, and engage with the related social communities and like-minded organizations to amplify mutual work
- Shape and manage an online advertising and marketing strategy to drive awareness and interaction with the Alliance and key programs/initiatives, including our Podcast
- Respond strategically to analytic results on each channel
- Be a strategic, collaborative, and creative partner in the organization's broader communications, initiative support, media outreach, and educator engagement
- Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in social media strategy, management, execution, and engagement, working across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills; comfortable translating complex concepts into compelling copy
- Proven track record of growing engagement
- Strong and proven background in creative content development and design (images, campaigns, video, etc.) and ability to tailor for specific channels
- Data-driven approach and proficiency in social metrics
- Experience creating and/or hosting short-form videos
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Google Ad Grants; certification is preferred, but not required
- SEO experience is preferred but not required
- Experience working with educational organizations and teachers is strongly preferred but not required
- Knowledge of or experience with Decision Education or related fields is a plus
- General Attributes
- Collaborative team leader with a passion for the mission and the success of the organization
- Strategic thinker with strong execution skills
- High energy and integrity; gracious professionalism; and strong interpersonal skills
- Responsible and conscientious, with solid attention to detail
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and the imagination and ability to initiate and innovate
- Actively open-minded and intellectually curious; interested in learning about Decision Education and how it applies to daily life
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing conditions and focus
- Comfortable learning new technology, including email/digital software
We offer our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package which includes: competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience, health and dental insurance that is 100% employer-paid for both the employee and their dependents, long-term disability (LTD) insurance, a 401(k) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, generous paid time off (PTO), equipment and supplies to work remotely, and other resources to help employees do their best work.