Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this unserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic person to take on the Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) role within South Africa, who will help candi to further deliver premium solar solutions. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and proactive involvement.
The job requires taking ownership of the following for the South African team:
- Develop and implement SHEQ management systems for solar PV projects
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to ensure compliance with relevant SHEQ standards
- Monitor and report on SHEQ performance for solar PV projects during construction and operations
- Provide training and support to staff and project teams on systems and best practices
- Investigate incidents and accidents, and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Maintain and update relevant SHEQ documentation
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that SHEQ considerations are integrated into all aspects of project planning, design, and execution
- Drive the digitalisation of SHEQ documentation management
- Location preferred in: Johannesburg
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- Travel to construction sites & assets regularly
Hours: Full time (five days per week)
- Bachelor's degree in safety, health, environmental, or quality management, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within the solar PV industry
- Strong knowledge of relevant safety, health, environmental, and quality standards and regulations
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), certified Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST), or similar certification is a plus
- Desire to work in an international environment, sharing ideas and learnings across borders and cultures
- Experience and confidence in communicating technical topics to all asset stakeholders
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.