Ethos Urban is hiring a
Ethos Urban is seeking an Senior Urbanist, Planning to join our highly engaged team of urban development professionals in our VIC office. This role will suit a dynamic and passionate individual looking to take the next step in their professional career.
The role we are seeking is an Senior Urbanist with a planning skillset. The successful candidate will:
• Participate in all aspects of urban planning from proposal/EOI writing, research & analysis, plotting approvals pathways & processes, report writing and client management –
• Prepare complex planning advice /applications
• Identify risks and mitigation strategies
• lead the preparation of a variety of strategic planning documents, including studies, strategies and plans efficiently
• applies the sequence of design tasks appropriate to client needs
• Undertakes demographic analysis, including determining appropriate catchments for analysis
• prepares key social strategy reports, including social impact assessments, social infrastructure assessments and community needs analyses
• work across a diverse range of Melbourne’s most complex urban projects – from conceptualisation through to approval and delivery.
• Work with and learn from some of the best planners and urban professional in the business.
• work side by side with economist, urban designers, social planners, project managers and community & stakeholder engagement professionals.
• work with a wide variety of clients including major landowners, public – sector agencies and corporate developers.
• Tertiary qualification in Planning or related degree/discipline (essential).
• 2+ years’ statutory planning experience within a professional services firm (desirable).
• Have In-depth knowledge of the Victorian statutory planning system.
• Demonstrate Proficiency in Microsoft applications suite +adobe
• Have Strong research, report writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exhibit High level of verbal and written communication, including public presentation skills..
• Have The ability to builds rapport with clients & other project team members easily.
• Have multiple years experience working in a high performing team with good technical skills and experience in the following areas:
• Assessing complex statutory planning applications in a range of urban settings, including retail projects, greenfields planning and residential
• Managing and delivering complex multi-disciplinary strategic planning projects in a range of policy areas
• Designing, delivering and evaluating community and stakeholder engagement.
• Have experience within professional consulting services with industry connections and client management skills
To apply for this role, please email a cover letter and CV to Che Scroggy, email@example.com
Salary Banding for this role is 85-100k.