Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you will contribute:
As our Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will play an integral part in improving the efficiency and way we work in our infrastructure. Your strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services and systems are highly stable and performant, meeting the expectations of our Enterprise customers and users. You will play an important role in making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes. You are passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable services in a large multi-cloud environment. You have the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, and you’re skilled in solving problems with code.
What you get to do:
- Provide guidance and expertise for infrastructure usage to application developers as part of Uplight's Site Reliability Engineering team.
- You will be on a team focused on Automation, toil elimination, incident response, root cause analysis, and tooling improvement.
- Key to the role will be your ability to teach and mentor other engineers and establish strong relationships with application development customers.
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will identify and deliver software improvements using your expertise in software development, complexity analysis, and scalable system design.
- Instrument an observability platform that allows the entire engineering team to detect deviations in performance.
- Contribute to cloud architecture; design, development, and administration to ensure reliability and ease of use for our Application and Platform development teams.
- Guide other team members in the successful completion of technical initiatives as a technical leader.
- Contribute to and create the definition of patterns, best practices, and strategies for continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of architectures for virtual machines, containers, and serverless infrastructure.
- Solve complex problems that require creativity and collaboration to find the right solution for Uplight.
- Enhance the developer experience using best-in-class tools to develop APIs for Infrastructure services.
- Work with others to define, evangelize, and maintain SRE (DevOps) best practices for use across Uplight.
- Collaboratively participate with team members to identify areas for improvement and design solutions.
- Cooperate with architects and product development teams to build reliable services.
- Identifying and leading opportunities to improve automation for the company; scoping and building automation for deployment, management, and visibility of our services
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Expert level experience developing in a Cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Advanced level of experience in shell scripting and development languages (Python, Golang, etc)
- Advanced level of experience with container orchestration tools and practices (Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Advanced level of experience with infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform, Helm, etc)
- Experience architecting CI/CD pipelines
- Several years in a Software Development or SRE role
- GCP/AWS Professional certifications (Architect, DevOps, Developer)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation such as Terraform, Cloud Formation or similar
- You have experience in public speaking events
- Solid CI/CD experience
- Automation of multi-step repetitive tasks
- Serverless architecture, such as Google Cloud Run
- Experience with container orchestration tools and practices (Kubernetes, etc)
- You work on the command line confidently and are familiar with all that the linux toolkit can provide
- You are a Git guru and revel in collaborative workflows
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Parental Leave
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $130,000 to $150,000 USD
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.