SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy savings, and provide business continuity for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic senior sales representative, who will help candi to lead the solar revolution. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking. The senior sales representative will be a key member of the Business Development division and should possess excellent negotiation skills, an achiever mindset and be organised.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following responsibilities:
- Achieve sales targets by generating revenue through effective sales strategies.
- Manage the entire sales process from lead generation to closing, including prospecting, sales pitch, client visit, proposal generation and contract negotiation.
- Develop strong business relationships with key industry players such as EPCs, Channel Partners and other stakeholders to drive business growth.
- Implement sales strategies and initiatives to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with marketing and a junior salesperson to generate leads.
- Take ownership of and drive the process to guarantee a deal’s success working with stakeholders to clear technical, administrative, regulatory, financial aspects, etc.
- Work closely with the engineering team and other support functions to guarantee client satisfaction and project delivery in a timely manner.
Customer Relationship Management
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales and after to create referral opportunities.
- Work closely with the Asset Management team on upsell and cross sell opportunities.
- Analyse sales metrics and trends to determine the effectiveness of current sales strategies
- Report sales performance and provide regular updates to management.
- Actively use and update the company's CRM tool (Salesforce) to reflect sales activities.
- Support development of candi processes, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Gather market intelligence and stay up-to-date on industry trends and news that could influence the business such as energy policy, regulatory changes, etc.
- Analyse competitors and identify opportunities to differentiate products and services.
- Collect pricing intelligence.
Location: Bengaluru/Chennai/Hyderabad/Goa (South India) (hybrid work model)
Hours: Full time, 5 days per week
Required skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification (preferably Business Administration, Marketing or an equivalent degree in Engineering coming with experience in sales).
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in sales,
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving business growth in the renewable energy, infrastructure, finance, or related industries.
- Ability to prioritise workload and juggle multiple tasks from client acquisition to closing.
- Being savvy with creating, selling and clearly communicating techno-commercial proposals to a non-technical client audience.
- Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Google Workspace, Salesforce, Asana, Slack, etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, written and spoken English required, proficiency in regional languages is a plus.
- Valid residency and/ or work permit for India is mandatory.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Ideally joining with an existing network of potential clients, partners (EPCs/ commission agents) to tap into across the commercial & industrial sector in India.
- Detailed understanding of the renewables industry and deep understanding of state-wise local/national laws and regulations.
- Exposure to, or a good understanding of, solar financial (or similar/related) products.
- Financial modelling and commercial contract understanding.
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- Remote working is the norm but must be prepared to work in the office as and when required.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
The application must include a cover letter - included in this letter should be a brief discussion regarding why you believe you would be a fit for this role and for candi solar.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.