Contract: Indefinite Term, Full time
Location: Based in Bogotá, Colombia with occasional travel to region.
Reports to: Country Representative
Eligibility: Must be legally able to work in Colombia
Relocation Allowance: Not applicable – This is a national position
Language requirements: Fluent in Spanish and English
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Cuso International presently supports programs implemented in Africa, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Cuso International is currently implementing the Sustainable Colombian Opportunities for Peacebuilding and Employment (SCOPE) project. SCOPE provides skills training and job placements for at-risk youth, women, victims of the conflict, returned Colombians and Venezuelan migrants to increase their access to the labour formal market in seven major Colombian cities: Soacha-Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, Cartagena, Barranquilla, Buenaventura and Quibdó. In 2022, key components of SCOPE model’s was scaled-up in Colombia and replicated in Ecuador and Peru. The SRMO will be responsible for ensuring the SCOPE project has the MEAL systems and the capacity in place for carrying out effective monitoring and evaluation of activities in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. The SRMO will be responsible for ensuring the collection and analyzation of key impacts, results, information and data necessary for effective project management and compliance with GAC and Cuso International reporting requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Lead the implementation and management of MEAL systems for the SCOPE project, including activities in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru.
- Regularly update the Performance Measurement Framework, indicators, targets and Performance Indicator Reference Sheets in accordance with indicators and targets set for the SCOPE Project, including Colombia, Ecuador and Peru, as well as incorporate learnings and changes in the project environment.
- Collaborate with SCOPE staff, MEAL consultants and partners in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru to design, implement and manage data collection and analysis protocols, tools and systems.
- Ensure that the MEAL system fully reflects and incorporates Cuso International’s gender and social inclusion commitments as outlined in the Gender Equality Policy, Strategy and Approach, hereby collaborating with the Project Manager, Gender and Social Inclusion.
- Train all staff and project partners in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru on the MEAL system and ensure that they clearly understand their role and have the necessary tools for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Participate in the regular production, updating and incorporation of key lessons learned from the SCOPE project and share with staff, partners and other key actors regionally.
- Produce quality and timely SCOPE narrative reports as required by Cuso International and Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
- Lead internal mid-year and annual reviews, impact evaluations and external project evaluations.
- Foster a positive, respectful, fair and participatory work environment for MEAL team free from harassment, motivating them to actively participate towards achieving Cuso International’s goals.
- Ensure that Cuso International’s performance management culture and inclusive values are understood and respected within the MEAL team and that each staff receives adequate feedback and support to promote successful performance and high levels of employee engagement.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Lead the implementation of a SCOPE Knowledge Management and Learning Strategy, including the development of knowledge and learning products.
- Manage information, data collection and analysis and participate in investigation process.
- Provide regular updates on variances of results and targets and deliver inputs into project process, outcome and impact measurement.
- Provide feedback to SCOPE and Cuso International based on monitoring and evaluation reports and analysis of impact data.
- Provide data and information on SCOPE to Cuso International’s Communications, Resource Development and Program Knowledge Management Team when requested.
- Fulfill other responsibilities, as required by the Country Representative and or the Head of Program, Latin America and the Caribbean, Director, Program Strategy and Innovation and Director, Program Quality and Impact when requested.
- Regular travel within Colombia and internationally when required.
- University Degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience in designing, planning and managing MEAL frameworks, systems and plans for large projects ($20M+), with experience working at the community level.
- At least 2 years of experience working in the field of international cooperation program including the sectors of MEAL, administration and finance and data management.
- Strong experience using MEAL related software, such as Caspio and Power BI.
- Well-developed experience with annual work planning, including designing indicators and targets.
- Proven experience preparing large narrative reports in English for international donors.
- Proven experience working with Global Affairs Canada and/or other international development agencies and donors, such UN agencies (e.g., UNHCR), USAID and the European Union.
- Strong knowledge of program/project management cycles.
- Significant knowledge of MEAL systems and frameworks.
Capacities, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent understanding of the results-based management, including tools and applications.
- Proven commitment to advancement of gender equality and women’s rights and empowerment.
- Strong ability to coach, mentor and motivate teams.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical abilities.
- Excellent cross-cultural interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop internal and external relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and web-based research.
- Ability to work irregular hours and overtime when needed to meet critical deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package, generous days of paid time off, including vacation and sick days, and more.
Please click the "Apply for This Job" button to submit your application by February 15, 2023, at 11:59 PM (EST). Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications. Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is committed to the integrity of our volunteers, interns, staff, managers, board members and subcontractors in preventing sexual violence in the way we operate. This is done through a defined framework, code of conduct, values and guiding principles, as well as Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.