World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Program Officer, Private Sector Engagement
The Senior Program Officer serves as a relationship and project manager, focused on the development and fostering of private sector relationships and conservation initiatives in support of the WWF Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Team. Core work includes contributing to strategic planning, executing agreements, providing coordination and oversight of budgets, and regular communications. This role provides key technical expertise in support of WWF private sector partnerships and engages with external stakeholders and internally across the organization to advance PSE team goals and WWF conservation priorities.
- Serves as relationship manager of key corporate accounts and multi-stakeholder partnerships, overseeing budget, strategy development, and workstream management.
- Provides key contributions to the development of prospecting and engagement strategies for anticipated partnerships with various companies.
- Collaborates with others to develop new private sector partnerships and funding opportunities.
- Provides project management and technical support for strategic partnerships.
- Collaborates closely with the WWF Forests Team and serves as the forests and wood products portfolio focal point with the private sector.
- Represents WWF in multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Works internally across the organization to grow corporate partnerships that advance WWF conservation goals.
- Conducts day-to-day account management.
- Leads the work streams of key accounts.
- Supports proposal and strategy development for the PSE team.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of professional experience required, or an advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide valuable contributions in a specific area of technical specialization.
- Proactive professional with the self-motivation to oversee and manage elements of complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong stakeholder and partner relationship management skills.
- Experience working successfully in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership qualities.
- Expertise in corporate sustainability, conservation, and/or environmental issues required; technical expertise in climate resilient and sustainable supply chains and landscape initiatives preferred.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page**, Requisition #23126**
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.