World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Program Officer, Private Sector Engagement.
The Senior Program Officer manages planning, agreements, coordination, budgets, communication and implementation of private sector relationships and conservation initiatives in support of the WWF Private Sector Engagement Team (PSE). Provides technical expertise in support of WWF private sector partnerships. Engages with external stakeholders and internally across the organization to advance PSE team goals and WWF conservation priorities.
- Relationship management of key corporate accounts, including budget, strategy development, and workstream management
- Leads and supports development of new private sector partnerships and funding opportunities
- Provides project management and technical support for strategic partnerships
- Focal point for corporate foundation giving
- Ability to represent WWF in multi-stakeholder initiatives and facilitate development outcomes
- Works internally across the organization to enhance innovation and effective collaboration, as well as to grow corporate partnerships that advance WWF conservation goals
- Supports development of engagement strategy for companies
- Leads and supports development of fundraising proposals
- Conducts day to day account management for corporate grant accounts
- Assigned to lead work streams of key accounts
- Ability to manage coordinator, assoc. specialist and interns
- Supports proposal and strategy development for PSE team
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Senior level contributor with area of technical specialization, works on complex projects with minimal supervision.
- 6 to 8 years professional experience or advanced degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Strong stakeholder and partner relationship management skills
- Collaborative nature, ability to work in cross functional teams
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership qualities
- Expertise in corporate sustainability, conservation, and/or environmental issues
- Technical expertise in fundraising and relationship management
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page**, Requisition #23059**
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.