Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The Role: Senior Plant Process Engineer
Who are you?
The Senior Plant Process Engineer develops, designs, commissions, tests, and optimizes carbon capture gas processing plants for various industrial applications. The position requires the ability to scale up a novel solid adsorption gas separation process from the pilot plant size to full commercial scale CO2 capture plant. The position requires an in-depth understanding of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics and heavily involves the application of mass transport phenomena knowledge in chemical engineering.
The Senior Plant Process Engineer will be responsible for all project-related basic process engineering deliverables of Svante’s licensing technology package for a specific project including block flow and process flow diagrams (PFD), Heat and material balances, P&ID, utility flow diagram and requirements, major equipment specifications and sizing, general plant layout and project capital/operational cost.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Prepares Basis of Design document including design standards, site conditions, available utilities, emission and waste streams limitations, and overall performance requirements for the carbon capture system.
- Designs greenfield gas processing plants, monitors modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoots existing process designs.
- Applies the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme and detail design.
- Prepares reports, PFDs and P&IDs.
- Performs process hazard and operability analysis (HAZOP), and assesses the safety and environmental impact of the plant.
- Performs techno economic analysis (TEA) and evaluates the capital and operational cost of projects during the pre-construction phase.
- Works closely with process, mechanical, and electrical engineers to develop P&IDs.
- Ensures all aspects of a design meet specified regulations.
- Develop process operating control philosophy manual.
- Provides guidance to junior process engineers.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required by the Project Technology Package Manager.
Competencies required (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of experience in development, design, and operations of solvent based CO2 capture plants using Selective Chemical Absorption Solvents and Thermal Kinetic Optimization process or relevant experience in gas separation processing or gas power plants.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- A strong technical background with process knowledge of gas processing, steam generations systems, CO2 capture technologies is desirable.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and simulation models ( Hysys and Aspen).
- Experience in gas plant construction, commissioning, and project engineering management.
- Observes health & safety and security procedures and demonstrates safety-based behavior culture.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal/leadership skills.
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment.
- Proven track record of delivering results in challenging project environments.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative.
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to build credibility and trust.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.