Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Manager, Regional Finance to join the Finance team. This position may be based at the U.S. based Headquarters (SIlver Spring or San Diego) or a Global Communities field location.
The Senior Manager, Regional Finance, provides leadership in overseeing the financial aspects of global programs which involves working closely with the Headquarters programs staff and field country offices to ensure accurate financial reporting to the management team and to donor agencies; and to ensure financial systems and reports are in compliance with Global Communities’ accounting practices and donor rules and regulations.
- Analyze and review financial information related to program activities that may affect the administrative operations.
- Mentor, train and develop country finance leaders to increase their ability to positively impact the projects.
- Manage the financial reporting and control processes for the country offices.
- Manage and maintain effective communication level with all international operations managers of the respective region.
- Review the development of budgets and annual financial forecasting.
- Monitor burn rates.
- Track and report funding obligations, country offices commitments, accruals, and expenditures according to Global Communities’ policies and the terms and conditions of the award.
- Participate in the monthly review of field financial position and resolve issues.
- Review and approve monthly draw requests.
- Lead the field offices in country program office start-ups close-outs.
- Oversee field offices end-year external audits conducted by the local audit firms in the country offices and work closely with the finance leaders under the supervision of the director of International finance to solve the problems/answer the questions.
- Review and reconcile intra-company accounts to the field with those booked at HQ on a monthly basis. Communicate with field offices on discrepancies.
- Reconcile and analyze field balance sheet accounts.
- Monitor and train field offices on cost share requirements according to the terms and conditions of the award.
- Undertake all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel up to 15% annually to regional offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in French or Arabic is preferrable as a second language
- Advanced knowledge of non-profit accounting practices, including USAID regulations and multi-currency accounting. Advanced knowledge of accounting software. Knowledge of budgets. Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary to work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the agency.
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to perform and complete a variety of complex and detail-oriented duties in a deadline driven, fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to effectively use databases spreadsheet, word processing, and position-specific software.
- Willing and able to travel to field offices as needed.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline and a minimum of six years of related work experience or ten years of related work experience.
- Experience with Solomon (or similar accounting package), Foxx Report Writer and QuickBooks preferred.
- Must have US work authorization.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.