Ampact is hiring a
The Senior Manager of Initiatives is responsible for managing and developing the team in order to ensure successful program implementation and strong outcomes for Ampact’s newest initiatives. The Senior Manager provides inclusive and equitable program leadership, supervision, and accountability through the recruitment, development, management, and retention of diverse talent within the department. The Senior Manager is responsible for leadership of a team comprised of multiple functional roles. Additionally, the Senior Manager is responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners that are crucial to the success of program initiatives.
This position is a key leader in establishing a positive tone and inclusive culture for the team and across the department and organization. The Senior Manager is responsible for mobilizing their team to provide an exemplary experience for partnering sites, members, and community organizations, to ultimately maximize the impact of our initiatives. This position will work collaboratively with functional program leadership team to set individual and team goals, implement programming, and achieve strategic direction. The position will work closely with program leadership, peers, ServeMinnesota, external partners and direct and indirect reports to ensure the Ampact programs achieve operational excellence. This position will observe confidentiality of all employees, members, program and organizational information.
1. Staff Management, Development, and Support: Manage the performance of designated team. Actions include employment decisions; onboarding, performance management and evaluations; staff development; and planning, assessing, assigning, and directing work. Additionally, address complaints, resolve problems and carry out disciplinary actions as necessary. Actively recruit diverse staff and ensure that the team environment is inclusive. Provide ongoing coaching and professional development opportunities to staff. Work collaboratively with the Director of Programs, functional program leaders, and peers to develop staff training and ongoing meetings, to ensure excellence in programmatic implementation. Set standards and expectations for your staff on how to recruit, implement and evaluate initiatives. Create an infrastructure and system to support initiative implementation and tracking.
2. Team Leadership: Ensure effective, consistent, timely communication and direction to team members about their functional responsibilities, best practices, requirements, and strategies. Establish and communicate expectations for each staff assignment and for each initiative. Set goals and priorities with direction provided by Director of Programs. Regularly review and
communicate key data related to team performance and initiative implementation including but not limited: member recruitment and retention, program implementation, partner satisfaction, and program impact. Provide accountability and direction to staff to ensure members are implementing the model with fidelity, that outcomes are being achieved, and data is updated regularly by members to maximize service and member outcomes. Work collaboratively with the Member Benefits and Compliance team and the Finance department to ensure fiscal and compliance excellence.
3. Relationship Management: In close coordination with ServeMinnesota, the Director of Partnerships, the Director of Program Development, and Minnesota Program Directors, manage strategically significant internal and external partnerships on behalf of the program department and ensure those partnerships are aligned with program goals and vision. Utilize a thoughtful, adaptive, and collaborative strategy to manage partnerships, keeping other program and organizational leaders well informed of developments in the partnership. Support the work of the Initiative Managers in establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships to grow and develop programs.
Communicate about education initiatives to build understanding, awareness, and adoption of the programs. Infuse our organizational value of diversity, equity and inclusion in our approach to building and managing relationships. Communicate effectively with various stakeholders and through a variety of means regarding the value, model, and outcomes of Ampact programs. Regularly communicate with leadership regarding funding opportunities and respond quickly and effectively to requests related to funding and legislative reports and site visits. Provide proactive communication with MN Education program staff including goals, roles and responsibilities. Communicate goals, needs, and timelines, and responsibilities with internal cross-functional Ampact departments. Communicate quickly and proactively with external partners.
5. Operations and Infrastructure: Establish expectations for each initiative including program strategy, implementation, and criteria for success. Proactively communicate expectations to stakeholder groups. Create and implement a framework for analyzing the effectiveness of an initiative and when appropriate, moving an initiative into our long-term program structure. Lead teams through continuous improvement practices grounded in quantitative and qualitative data. Work with Director of Programs, ServeMinnesota, and functional program leaders to refine and implement regional program strategy. Collaborate with Ampact advancement and ServeMinnesota partners to stay aware of the funding landscape and expectations as related to strategic initiatives.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Ampact is committed to compliance with the Minnesota Human Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations as possible to enable employees to perform the essential function of their positions.
This position requires the ability to:
● Travel locally and statewide as needed to attend meetings
● Communicate effectively with people/groups in multiple settings within and outside the organization
● Effectively utilize existing and emerging technology to achieve required results
● Transporting of moderately heavy objects up to 25 pounds
Ampact offers an excellent benefit package including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life, Disability, PTO and 401(k).
Ampact will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, familial status, military service, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.