TITLE: Senior Manager, Cloud and Data Software Engineering
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Director, Data Management and Technology Services
DIVISION/DEPT: Analytics and Technology
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Monitors systems performance and implements software integrations for existing systems
- Manage Azure subscriptions and monitor costs associated with data storage, processing or egress fees.
- Create PowerBI Dashboards.
- Diagramming and Documentation of information flows and system architecture to assess current technology state. Work closely with Senior Manager of Data Architecture, Database Administrators, Solution Architects and System admins to identify risks of current state and assist in designing solutions that are more agile in the cloud (Azure).
- Diagramming and Documentation of information flows and architecture for new processes or platforms in development or integration phases.
- Develop integrations with third party tools such as Hubspot CRM, into member intranet portal on LifeRay content management system.
- Manage data extraction process for migration from existing systems to new platforms. Example includes migrating data from Salesforce philanthropy tracking into new CRM platform.
- Assist Case Management team in developing dashboards internally in CaseWorthy or externally in PowerBI.
- Develop queries that leverage API’s for data sharing between internal and external systems, app integrations and embedded content.
- Consult with clients to understand their requirements and replaying back for confirmation.
- Conduct usability testing, when applicable.
- Partner with Enterprise Architect in creating wireframes, storyboards, value maps and process flows for Analytics & Technology projects.
- Compile and track improvement project data and report on status. Evaluate the effectiveness of the process improvement program and enhance the toolset(s) used.
- Achieve business goals by developing and implementing process improvements.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate process improvement projects with cross functional teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to balance performing development tasks and product ownership tasks.
- Ability to balance technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Must be willing to own detailed technology solutions (Jira, Smartsheet, Zendesk as a sample), and must be a hands-on leader and contributor.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- Proven track record of delivering data driven solutions with a customer-first mindset.
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles.
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms (e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.)
- Ability to operate in various roles within a cross-functional team.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states and deliver a solution that meets the product roadmap.
- Working knowledge of security concepts such as single sign on and data security beneficial.
- Creation of detailed-level effort estimates for the technical portion of solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and data management abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with a non-profit organizations a plus, but not required.
- Ability to translate business user requests into actionable plans.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
PREFERRED SOFTWARE SKILLS AND PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES:
- Power Bi, DAX, and SQL query to create reports and dashboards
- PHP, Nodejs and SQL for back-end development
- C#, Python and Electron to develop desktop applications
- C and C++ for high performance and resource optimized application
- Work with both Object-Oriented Programing and Procedural Programing
- Experienced with REST and SOAP API
- Understand and utilizing GIT for version control
- Follow Agile software development principles
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Master, and PMP Certification preferred
- 3 years’ experience in product management and/or product development.
- 3 years of product or project development experience.
- 3 years' experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methods.
- 3 years' experience with integration technologies.
DECISION MAKING: Decisions related to diagnosing problems and implementing corrective action. Ability to pivot tasks as priorities change.
SUPERVISION: General – Latitude is given to determine approaches, procedures, and methodologies for accomplishing the work. Receive administrative review. Work is reviewed to assure that it is conceptually sound and meets assignment objectives.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Medium, lifting 30 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 15 lbs. Walking or standing to a significate degree, involves sitting most of the time. May require long hours at a personal computer.
EMOTIONAL EFFORT: Medium, frequent short deadlines requiring some overtime. Work environment usually hectic with periods of high stress.
- Internal: Daily contact with GII team members revolving around project and project needs.
- External: Frequent contact with consultants and suppliers.
- GII Members: Frequent contact with local Goodwill organizations to help identify project requirements.
- Government Officials: N/A