Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Accounting to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Manage M&A activity and related purchase price accounting activities, ensuring proper data integration of processes and financial information
- Serve as an accounting subject matter expert (e.g. business combinations, equity accounting, revenue recognition, debt restructurings, etc.)
- Assist with planning and execution of tax audits, provision calculations, and return preparations including coordination of tax service providers, preparation of required documents, review of tax provisions and returns, etc.
- Partner with the People team to oversee the Company’s Equity Incentive Plan (EIP), including management of the share pool, oversight of 409A valuations and proper accounting treatment for changes in equity
- Participate in maintaining appropriate liquidity positions, including review and approval of wire transactions in accordance with the Company’s authority matrix
- Assist with quarterly contract review, document accounting conclusions reached, and ensure accounting recognition is aligned with conclusions reached
- Management of the Company’s accounting policies and procedures
- Guide and assist other departments by clearly communicating current accounting and budgeting policies and procedures as well as composing and disseminating new procedures and policies as necessary
- Document internal controls and draft supporting flowcharts for areas of responsibility
- Provide leadership, training/coaching, and thought leadership to the accounting team
- Assist employees in understanding/interpreting data and applying basic policies, procedures and theories
- Occasional review and approval of journal entries and oversight of the associated account reconciliations
- Foster good dialogue and working relationships with other accounting and finance areas as well as other parts of the organization served by these functions
- Assist VP, Controller, and accounting team with various projects, process improvements, ad hoc requests and other duties as needed
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements to meet internal and external customer needs
- Ability to work on non-standardized projects or functions
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills and aptitude
- Great attitude to approach and deal with challenges and change
- Drive to learn new processes and take ownership
- Strong sense of customer service and professionalism
What you bring to Uplight:
- BS/MS in Accounting
- 8+ years of accounting experience, preferably with Big 4 firms, including SEC clients, or a combination of public (minimum 5 years) and relevant private industry experience
- CPA accreditation
- Strong US GAAP knowledge (specifically, Revenue Recognition, Business Combinations, and Stock-Based Compensation)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to translate technical accounting language into practical implications
- Working knowledge of income tax accounting
- Experience with the SOX control framework
- Strong accounting/SEC database research skills
- Excel skills - intermediate
- NetSuite or other large ERP
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into details and take ownership of assigned tasks
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills and aptitude
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized and have solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire and mindset for continuous improvement
- Software/Technology industry experience
- Industry (non public accounting) experience to supplement public accounting experience
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $130,000 to $150,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.