The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior HR Business Partner at Smith-Blair in Texarkana, Arkansas who will be responsible for staffing management, employee relations, training and development, policy interpretation and compliance, benefits, compensation, and labor relations for the site. This role will manage the implementation process and tracking of company-wide programs and will assist in the development of strategies and initiatives to meet the business objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Implement initiatives and programs and/or provide service in any of the following areas: labor relations, recruiting & staffing, employee relations, engagement & retention, performance management, employee development and training, organizational effectiveness, compensation, rewards and recognition, succession planning, health & welfare benefits, Affirmative Action/EEO compliance and completing personnel transactions.
- Participate as team member or leader for site and corporate HR Projects & initiatives.
- Support/facilitate significant organizational change initiatives.
- Monitor and report on key HR metrics for assigned facilities.
- Serve as primary contact and resource for employees and managers to address HR Issues, questions and concerns, while ensuring good working relationships and building trust/credibility with employees and managers throughout the organization.
- Investigate and resolve employee conflicts. Investigate and resolve Ethics Hotline concerns for the facility. Consult with internal and external legal counsel as applicable on employment matters.
- Facilitate the implementation and guidance of current performance management systems to include succession development plan & improvement plans for the facility.
- Management of individual and/or group meetings to train or onboard new employees & existing employees, facilitate exit interviews, explain relevant compensation/benefit programs, etc.
- Build productive relationships with key leaders within the facility.
- Conduct various instructor led training classes for employee and manager groups on topics including Code of Conduct, Performance Management, anti-harassment, etc.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; assisting in the interpretation of policies and procedures, evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solutions; coaching and counseling managers and employees, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the company's organizational structure, operations, values and culture to support and promote Xylem's vision, mission and strategies. Identify, recommend and develop process, policy and procedural improvements in alignment with current Federal and State laws.
- Responsible for all union related functions at the facility to include labor agreement preparation and heavy participation at the negotiation table; negotiation and approval of all local union agreements; primary resource for contract interpretation and compliance; primary role in grievance procedure including third step hearings; manages union/supervision relations; ensures training of supervisors on labor agreement and/or labor law; responsible for all employee relation issues for union employees; prepares arbitration cases.
- Lead and/or assist with all recruiting for the facility inclusive of both the salaried and hourly workforces.
- Assist and/or lead all on-boarding for new employees
- Works with site leadership to achieve business unit goals that align with the strategy of AWS and Xylem.
- Develops a strong relationship with HR counterparts, in addition provides support and information to HR corporate with respect to reporting, new initiatives and organizational changes.
- Works with United Steelworkers Representatives on Labor Agreement issues, grievances, arbitrations, negotiations, etc.
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field, preferably Human Resources.
- 7+ years' experience participating in the development and execution of human resource processes and initiatives.
- 2+ years' direct experience in Labor Relations with administration of a Union Labor agreement.
- Experience Managing and implementing HR initiatives, Affirmative Action Plans, Policies and Procedures.
- Strong collaboration, consultative, presentation, and analytical skills
- Strong organization and business communications skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Business System and HRIS system (Workday) knowledge preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Sit, stand, walk throughout the office area and manufacturing facility.
- Typical office environment
- Typical manufacturing plant environment that includes moving machinery/equipment.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.