Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a trailblazing legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the 1.8 billion people who are left out of, or poorly served by, the financial sector. For more than 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 200 partners in 63 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
Accion’s Finance team manages all of Accion’s financial needs. Working closely with each of its subsidiaries, departments, auditors, clients and vendors, the finance team plays a critical role in ensuring a clean audit every year in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the USA. The Finance team includes 14 finance and accounting professionals with expertise in consolidated multicompany & multicurrency financial statements, treasury, payroll, accounts receivable and payable, financial donor reporting to corporations, foundations, multilateral & public donors, budgeting and planning, finance systems integration and automation.
The Senior A/R Account Specialist will be responsible for performing A/R, billing, intercompany billing, accounting cycle, General ledger transactions. S/he will also provide overall support to the daily accounting operations.
- Review daily deposits for donations and grants; maintain donor documents in finance and development shared repository.
- Reconcile finance vs development systems for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with daily and weekly cash receipts/gift processing and posting to GL system.
- Responsible for cash deposits for DC Hub.
- Create new projects in GL system based on project managers approved budget and new agreements.
- Understanding of accounting in a multi entity organization and working closely with project managers are essential.
- Coordinates with project managers in assisting in the preparation of invoices and entries in accounting system for all invoices and adjustments.
- Prepares general ledger entries; prepares account reconciliations.
- Support for program managers US based and International Hubs; support global program initiatives (CEO forum, HBS etc.).
- Understanding of US GAAP revenue recognition rules and restriction accounting.
- Prepares invoices for all contracts and carries out collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Monitors account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Supports finance team in providing deliverable to internal or external auditors.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential; and
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience or Bachelors degree and 4+ years of experience
- Developing expert in the area of Finance and Resource Development.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Deltek (Finance) and Salesforce (Development) Software packages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
- Ability to operate largely self-sufficiently with minimal guidance and decisions from others
- Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.