Position Title: Regional Program Manager (Detroit) - Seasonal Position
Location: Hybrid, Detroit
Reports to: Regional Program Director
This is a temporary, summer position from May 2023 - August 2023.
About the Center for Black Educator Development
The Center for Black Educator Development (CBED) exists to (re)build a national Black Teacher Pipeline to achieve educational equity and racial justice by ensuring there is equity in the recruiting, training, hiring, and retention of quality educators that reflect the cultural background and share common socio-political interests of the students they serve. Launched in June 2019, the Center for Black Educator Development is revolutionizing education by dramatically increasing the number of Black educators so that low-income Black and other disenfranchised students can reap the full benefits of a quality public education. Learn about our key strategies to build a national Black Teacher Pipeline by visiting our website at www.thecenterblacked.org.
About the Position
The Regional Program Manager (RPM) will manage day-to-day operations for our Summer Freedom School Literacy Academy FSLA in the Detroit area. This is a seasonal, summer position from May 2023 - August 2023. The RPM will support curriculum development, coaching, program implementation, manage varied projects, and partner with leadership in support of program participants’ and program staff learning and development. The RPM maintains relevant pedagogical and content knowledge that supports the implementation of rigorous, well-designed, and culturally democratic curriculum that ensures program participants consistently engage in a quality learning experience.
- Establish and oversee all processes related to ensuring alignment and quality of programming, instruction, and partnership integration, in partnership with the Regional Program Director
- Actively engage in the programs, observing activities and providing coaching, support and direction to program staff
- Lead and train facilitators and trainers
- Meet program objectives related to enrichment and academics and maintain performance tracking mechanisms
- Monitor the development of program participants, and make recommendations and adjustments to program content and instructional methods as appropriate
- Ensure that programmatic staff perform effectively, and that organizational policies and procedures are fully implemented and consistently applied.
- Create and distribute reports to track and assess efforts regarding outcomes and accomplishments and present updates and reports about progress, challenges, and successes
- Foster strong relationships and effective communication with participants, staff, and CBED leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned
Background and experience expectations:
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in an education setting required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated success in an educational institution, with at least three (3) years of teaching experience and at least two (2) years of teacher coaching experience; preferably within an urban school setting
- Experience in and/or understanding of the public-school system or charter schools is desirable
- Deep commitment to The Center’s mission, vision, and core values, including an unapologetic commitment to building a national Black teacher pipeline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing multiple assignments, meeting tight deadlines, and willing to be flexible with a lean staff in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates a level of cultural competency and connectivity that is evident in the development and delivery of curriculum and professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong people and project management ability, with the proven ability to influence and enhance cooperative working relationships within a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment
Other Work Requirements:
- Must be willing to accept a temporary, seasonal assignment: May 2023 - August 2023
- Must have access to a workspace, phone, and internet for remote work
- Traveling to partner sites – valid driver’s license, current insurance, and registration. Must have daily accessibility to reliable means of transportation.
- Maneuvering in an office space-reaching file cabinet, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, and making phone calls; Must be able to sit for up to four (4) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing; Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, speaking loudly and clearly, seeing and hearing things both near and far away, stooping, kneeling, fine finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board or projector.
What We Offer
We promote professional growth and development by providing access to:
- A competitive salary and benefits package