The Sales Manager will lead all INNIO Jenbacher commercial efforts for the assigned territory. The role is central to INNIO’s commercial activities in Malaysia and is responsible for new unit’s order growth, maintaining strong local relationships with channel partners, packagers & key customers as well as aligning regional & global INNIO functions to deliver in these markets. The role will be part of INNIO Jenbacher’s APAC team and reports to the General Manager - APAC.
- The Jenbacher Sales Manager will be part of the INNIO Regional sales team responsible for leading Jenbacher commercial efforts in the assigned region Malaysia The role will work closely with key stakeholders including EPCs, Govt. Agencies, Consultants, End Users and Distributors alike to provide technical as well as commercial and business development support, prioritize opportunities, build the opportunity pipeline and convert orders.
- The Sales manager will own the responsibility for achieving the annual order intake plan for the assigned region and work closely with Commercial Operations, Marketing and Product Line teams to develop and align products & commercial offerings to help competitively position Jenbacher products on projects with key customer accounts. This role will integrate with local and global peer network to leverage best practices.
- Working with assigned Distributors, Direct Customers and formulate go-to-markets strategies
- Own customer and key account relationship throughout the entire sales cycle from lead identification, negotiation and deal closure.
- Monitor, maintain and deliver strategic market intelligence on a regular basis to help formulate and drive end user business development strategy to secure orders for new product opportunities.
- Participate in regional pacing calls with assigned distributors and key accounts.
- Interface with Regional Business Operations and Finance teams and support regional leader to provide monthly and quarter orders commitments and associated updates in salesforce.com.
- Act as a factory liaison for product questions between end customer and local/HQ resources to support project development cycle.
- Expand product visibility and awareness with end customers by participating in regional product and industry conferences, hosting customer events and supporting regional marketing and communications activities.
- Support project specific risk reviews in conjunction with Commercial Operations including deal review process.
- 5+ years in Sales roles representing high speed rotating equipment, preferably reciprocating gas engines, in the power industry sector or oil & gas markets
- Engineering degree (mechanical, electrical, industrial) plus MBA appreciated
- Proven references in the local/ regional energy industry
- Previous exhibited performance managing multi country sales plans.
- Ability to travel.
- Fluent in English and desirable would-be local languages
- IT literate (Outlook, Excel, Salesforce)
- Well-developed business acumen and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Previous experience executing order intake via indirect Distributors’ network
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Ability to multitask and manage various activities simultaneously
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong presentation development and broader communication skills that turn concepts into effective structured messages for non-technical internal and external decision makers.
- Ability to represent the company formally and informally to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional groups and large organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple priorities.
- Proven capability to come up the learning curve quickly for new areas of business and changes in the market.
- Jenbacher Gas Engine product experience preferred. Other engine and EPC experience appricated.
- Knowledge of INNIO network, process, nomenclature, businesses, initiatives, and programs.
- Previous experience with financial reporting or P&L responsibilities
- Persuasive skills to influence decision-making process; Ability to clearly present and articulate a value proposition
- Ability to work collaboratively & navigate across a matrix organization