Mainstream is a global developer of utility-scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late-stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
For more information, please visit https://www.mainstreamrp.com/
Summary of Role:
As the Company Site Representative, you will be the local point of contact for all site and land owner-related concerns during the lead-up to construction. During the construction phase, you will be responsible for managing the EPC Contractor(s) during and from the commencement of work onsite through to final handover of project to the operations team. Driving and facilitate the timeous delivery of the project will be a key focus accountability.
What You Will Do:
The Company Site Representative’s key responsibilities comprise the following:
- Reports to the Project Manager (or deputy) on a daily basis.
- The position will undertake the management of the EPC Contractor’s site activities during the construction and commissioning of the project and the coordination of the activities of Company Site HSE, QA/QC and ECO Inspectors.
- Key responsible for on site progress and reporting.
- Manage site construction activities in cost effective and timely manner, facilitating solutions, ensuring that planned projects completion dates are met.
- To act as a point of contact for all project landowners to ensure they are informed of project activities and work being carried out on their land through the construction phase.
- Managing Contractor interfaces to achieve timely delivery, whilst minimising potential for Contractor downtime and claims.
- Monitor the work and enforce site rules and adherence to the construction phase plan to ensure the health and safety of everyone on site.
- Engaging and managing local technical and engineering consultants.
- Supervise commissioning activities, ensuring smooth hand-over of facilities to Assets Owners after successful commissioning.
- Significant autonomy in work, but a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s Asset Delivery procedures and process (this is based on PMI® PMBOK®).
- Raise changes to procedures if required and ensure a change management system is applied. Specifically he/she must ensure all changes to procedures are documented, risk assessed and communicated to and approved by all relevant parties and key personnel.
- Manage site team
- Project safety – be the safety leader implementing and enforcing Mainstream’s SHEQ processes and procedures on site. Establish best practice site SHEQ supervision and management.
- Monitor daily activities at the construction sites, using this data to trend and develop detailed forecasts and ensure that corrective actions are done timely.
- Daily and weekly log reports.
What We Require:
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering (electrical, mechanical or civil).
- 5 years Civil/Electrical engineering construction experience / experience in renewable energy.
- The candidate must be fluent in English; fluency in other languages is considered an advantage.
- Good Communication skills.
- Skilled in management of site construction activities with proven ability to manage the interfaces with various stakeholders (Operations, HSE, Security and Community Relations disciplines) during project execution.
- Capable of managing projects in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team setting
- HSE management of a large group of people and contractors.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software. Other software packages such as MS Project and SharePoint to be advantageous.
What We Offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and guaranteed bonus scheme.